Re: [UNSUPPORTED] Vampire-Alien hybrids bugs

by KushKylie

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@rostsitNo, I can only edit two forms- the alien disguise and the dark form- though I’m still confused as to which one is which I’m CAS. I’m gonna work on them more today and try figure it out. But yes, their faces don’t change. 

When they were toddlers though, and I’d edit their outfits- their eye colours would change when I went back into game. . 

They were both born with vampire eyes, but somehow, after editing, one of them got alien eyes. 

Message 31 of 37 (1,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KushKylie@rostsit , & @crinrict , I just wanted to add that I got a very similar result to @KushKylie , but on a PC!  I made 2 Aliens in CAS and put them in  a house with the lot trait "On a Dark Ley Line".  I don't have Mods or CC in my game and I didn't use cheats.  I got twins the first time and I didn't even have any other fertility rewards or lot traits. Raised eyebrow  The twins appeared to be Alien (Alien skin, Alien cry, Alien onesie (clothing).  I just aged them up to toddlers and that is when it got interesting! Large smile:eahigh_file:  They aged up with Alien skin, bald and pointy ears.  The band around their plumbobs is the Alien one, but the icon by the needs panel is the one for Vampires! Raised eyebrow  I went into CAS and they have Human eyes with Alien Skin, but they weren't bald anymore and now had black hair!  I clicked on what would be the Disguise and they changed in a swirl of black smoke like a Vampire, and they did that stretch animation as if the game was trying to make them school age. Their "Disguise/Dark Form?" has them with a Human skin tone, Human eyes, and a medium brown hair for boy and reddish hair for girl.  Above their traits there are no indications of either Alien or Vampire! Wondering  I exited CAS and they were bald again, back in their Alien diapers,  and now in Live Mode when I disguise them they end up with the black hair and the clothing for what in CAS was their form on the bottom of their avatars.  ShockedLarge smile   So this seems to be a bug for both Consoles and PC! Raised eyebrow

Here are some pictures to help explain: 

Infants: 

04-25-19_1-29-26 AM.png

Toddlers -- Girl: 

04-25-19_3-37-30 AM.png

Toddlers -- Boy:

04-25-19_3-38-40 AM.png

Bottom avatar in CAS, but "Disguise" in Live Mode:

04-25-19_3-37-50 AM.png04-25-19_3-38-52 AM.png

Top avatar in CAS, not available in Live Mode, acts like Dark Form:

04-25-19_2-41-06 AM.png04-25-19_2-40-46 AM.png

Spinning animation going from what I thought was into the Disguise, but acted like it was going into Dark Form, complete with "stretch" animation:

04-25-19_3-38-10 AM.png04-25-19_3-38-21 AM.png04-25-19_3-39-01 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 37 (1,531 Views)

★ Guide
I just want to add on to Pug’s post, that the human tone skin doesn’t stick either. Once you go back into live mode, and then back into CAS editor- the skin tone on both forms will be an alien skin. The same applies to all three forms.

I just created two more hybrids tonight. Twin girls, and these exact issues happened with them too.
Message 33 of 37 (1,528 Views)

Champion

@KushKylie, I haven't re-entered CAS with them yet! Wink  When I do, I will report back!  I will also age them up and see what happens!  The main difference with my Sims is that they seem to have human eyes, while yours changed between Alien and Vampire eyes. Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 34 of 37 (1,516 Views)

★ Guide

@PugLove888  The second set of twins did have their eyes change between human and vampire. They haven’t received the alien eyes like my first set.

Only one twin from the first lot got alien eyes, and that was only after several other eye colour changes before that. His brother changed between different vampire colours. 

Message 35 of 37 (1,509 Views)

★ Apprentice

The same thing happened to me. I was unaware this could be a problem, I thought the game would pick a program and give me an alien or a vampire baby, but I got a mixture I can't edit. It's so bizarre. 

Message 36 of 37 (1,423 Views)

Hero
I'm going to lock this thread now as Hybrids seem to happen now even if you just have babies.

This is still unsupported and a bug that they happen in the first place but as there's no cheating or alien abduction involved anymore, I'm going to use this new thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Natural-born-hybrids-bug-out/td-p/7964259

Please post there unless you used cheats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 37 (1,158 Views)