Re: [UNSUPPORTED] Vampire-Alien hybrids bugs

by Hetalia14

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Vampire-Alien hybrids bugs

★★★ Newbie

I have a very similar issue. My Vampire sims was abducted by aliens and had a pair of twins. The boy came out a normal alien and the girl looked normal too. Then i realised when I aged her up to a toddler there was a vampire symbol over her traits but she looked alien. When I went into CAS it changed to alien. But I edited her and like you said I edited the alien form and it went back to the default in game mode. But for the disguise, it keeps the clothing however I cant change the colour of her skin. It is forever blue. I went back into CAS mode recently, around last night, and there was no symbol, neither alien or vampire. But I do have two slots for dressing and the alien form is still in default mode during regular play. I don't know what will happen when she reaches a teen.  

I DID NOT USE A MOD FOR THIS. IT JUST HAPPENED BY ACCIDENT AND I WANT TO FIX IT!!!!

Message 11 of 37 (1,838 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Vampire-Alien hybrids bugs

★★★★ Guide

So if you want us to help you...
Why don't you share your save game or upload your hybrid in the gallery so we can see it better and perhaps help you with this?
Becomes IMPOSSIBLE if you aren't willing to give us any resources/clue because in almost all games we don't have this issue anymore. And you can observe this by the numbers of persons in this topic...
Maybe Origin didn't download the patch that fixed that problem, because you're still stuck in an bug that was already fixed.

Message 12 of 37 (1,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a vampire get abducted and then was pregnant from an alien. I have had this a few times already with different male vampires. The first time it happened was in May 2017. My sim had a vampire alien hybrid. When the baby became a toddler, I was able to change his outfits and hair with no problem. When he became a teen I was able to change his clothes and hair again with no problem. Not too long after that, there was a patch for a bug with aliens not being able to keep their appearance after changing what they wore through CAS. After that bug was patched, I haven't been able to save what the vampire alien hybrids outfits and hair styles. I also tried altering their appearance after they changed their disguise to look more like Sims. That wasn't saved either.

So for now, I have to settle for what they are given when they age up from baby to toddler, child and then to teens. It kind of takes away from wanting to keep playing them for me anyway. I have a fun story line going right now and I like to be able to keep playing it without getting frustrated and starting over.

Message 13 of 37 (1,752 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just learned another alien/vampire hybrid bug. My current male vampire had alien twins. One of the twins is a hybrid. I was playing another family when he had the babies, so I wasn't there to name them. I didn't like the name that was given to hybrid son, so I thought I could change his name. Found out the name I changed it to didn't save. It went back to the name that was given to him. Lesson learned, be present when the alien babies are born to male vampires.

On my previous post I mentioned I couldn't change my female alien/vampire hybrid. I found out, I thought was her Sim form when I changed her appearance, it turned out it saved as her dark form instead. When she changed to her dark form she was what I changed her into. Since I like that better she is walking around in her dark form instead.

Message 14 of 37 (1,725 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I just want to confirm here that vampire/alien hybrids are not an intended feature, and the very fact that you can create them is a bug, that we have reproduced and our team is working on fixing. Thanks for the reports!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 37 (1,698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope you are not going to take the hybrids out. That is a cool unexpected surprise when it happens.

Message 16 of 37 (1,674 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

"I just want to confirm here that vampire/alien hybrids are not an intended feature, and the very fact that you can create them is a bug, that we have reproduced and our team is working on fixing. Thanks for the reports!"

Hey, "killing" them off would be totally not cool! What will happen to our hybrids that already exist in our games???

I hope you will just add proper support for them and fix their bugs, instead of going the EASY way and completely disabling this unique feature.

Message 17 of 37 (1,600 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think something is being done about hybrids. Nothing is working atm, and after all the patches I am now unable (even temporarily) to get rid of "random alien appearance issue", so I just don't touch any appearance changing option to keep my sim safe.

But for the sake of testing I am checking appearance edit options from time to time. I have noted there is new interface, though it's not working atm. Instead of a normal button which should represent alternative form (vampire dark form or alien disguise), there is now a sim symbol made of two parts. Apparently, clicking one of them should let you edit either alien disguise or vampire dark form, separately. Let's hope the work will continue.

Message 18 of 37 (1,544 Views)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformMac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time- I cannot edit this sim whatsoever, and furthermore, I cannot seem to remove the occult status either (with the in-game cheats).
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the EP, all the GPs, Luxury, Vintage, Laundry, Bowling, backyard, perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had the same process as the OP, except that my glitches began as soon as the baby became a toddler in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Same as OP.  The facial form seems to be glitching out as well pretty badly, almost looks like a child in game- toddler form stretches when trying to switch 'forms' in CAS. It sounds like an alien 100%, and occasionally in CAS you see the Alien symbol over his head, other times I've not seen that at all.  Other things to happen is when I switch from CAS to game, the toddler's physical appearance completely switches.  It started as a black haired toddler (human, no access to alien palette), then when I returned to game it was a completely alien looking toddler.  I went back to CAS, and this time it was a blonde, human looking toddler.  Exited again, and it was back to the original appearance (black haired toddler that sort of looks like a child in the face).  I then exited the game fully to seek out answers.

**Upon testing again sim is still unable to access any of the Alien stuff in spite of showing that she's an alien....though the stretching stopped at least.  I have more pictures and the glitch in general seems to still persist.

What do you expect to see? Same as OP, alternatively picking one occult status and sticking with it.  I also apparently cannot remove the occult status of this sim either. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I removed my mods weeks ago and removed the cache's as well.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nooope

Sorry to revive a dead thread, I was excited to play this kind of family (I downloaded it from the gallery) and man was I surprised to see what on earth was happening after I aged the alien baby up to a toddler.  

Message 19 of 37 (1,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

"What do you expect to see? Same as OP, alternatively picking one occult status and sticking with it."
Well, that's not quite what I expect Standard smile I hope the hybrids stay as they are, just free of bugs AND we will be able to:
1. Normally edit their appearance in CAS, where their occult forms would have separate slots;
2. Be able to freely choose any form we want in-game - their default form, alien disguise or vampire dark form. And of course, some random alien form must not overwrite the form that the hybrids are born with.

P.S. the thread is not dead as long as the bug persists Wink

Message 20 of 37 (1,468 Views)