by rostsit

Original Post

[UNSUPPORTED] Lifestate hybrids bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the male sim abducted and pregnant with an alien, then make him a vampire. The resulting baby will be a hybrid. Usually all the bugs begin after the hybrid ageing to Young Adult.
What happens when the bug occurs? Editing hybrid's appearance and form is a mess.
What do you expect to see? Normally working hybrids with 3 different slots for each form (default, dark and Alien disguise).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, until there is an absolutely legal possibility to get vampire-alien hybrids in game without any cheats or mods, we can consider these hybrids part of a game and thus all the bugs they are causing need fixing Standard smile

Also, I do believe the most of them have the same cause - the one slot for alternate appearances (alien disguise/dark form). So, what I have noticed so far:

1. You can't use and option to alter alien disguise. Any interaction with it will cause several glitches - the hybrid will gain the (random) appearance of pure alien, also, if used on a sim under teen age, it will loose all vampiric abilities, though the perks will still be available.

2. It is impossible to change a hybrid's default appearance in any way. All changes applied through "change appearance" option will be actually applied to alternate forms. All changes applied through "change appearance"  to alternate forms will be rejected and alternate form will become the same as default form (if you didn't try to change it).

3. A hybrid will actually only have 2 forms, not 3. Though mine seemingly had 3 forms after becoming a teen, after trying to assume "dark form" and "alien disguise" several times - only 2 forms left. Actually, "dark form" option doesn't work properly, only "alien disguise" will let the hybrid to assume alternate form properly.

4. Any time during the gameplay, after the hybrid becomes child, i.e. after alien disguise option becomes available, your hybrid default form can be randomly reset to random default alien appearance. In my game, I only play with alternate form, so I don't know exactly when this happens, and IF this happens while playing with the default form. I've managed to roll back it several times due to in-time made saves, but atm the default form of my hybrid is already reset.

4.1. if the before-mentioned bug occurs, it becomes impossible to change hybrids appearance in any way, or - you should not try. As mentioned in p.2, you can't change default form, and you can only change alternate form through applying changes to default form (changes actually applies to alternate form, default form remains unchanged). But when default form is reset to default alien appearance, you can do nothing (without mods), because default alien appearance is DIFFERENT from the real default form you had. Again, you won't be able to change it, and all changes you apply to it will be applied to alternate form. That means, the alternate form becomes based or newly gotten default alien appearance, and in most cases, it is impossible to set the same skintone and modify face to make it look like before. I.e., the real appearance of your hybrid will be lost forever.

All vampiric and alien powers actually works normally. I see 3 solutions here:

1. To make vampire-alien hybrids unavailable at all (NOT FUN);

2. Hybrid toddler already looks about right, like a hybrid should - it has human face, vampire/alien ears, vampire eyes and alien skintone. Hybrids could only have one form, without any transformations at all, but of course we should be able to add/choose vampiric fangs when hybrids grow to teens.

3. To make 3 slots for sim forms, i.e. 1 default and 2 alternate forms. That would solve all bugs, I presume.

Message 1 of 37 (7,844 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Vampire-Alien hybrids bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Another bug that seems independent from the previous ones. Becoming aduld, the hybrid won't benefit from any of its Character Values, they won't become Character Traits. Quite a disappointment. I tried to repeat aging with MCCC mod installed - it logs some error: "RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration". Other than that, I don't know what causes this.

Also, this error persists even if I turn this hybrid into pure human with MCCC.

Message 2 of 37 (7,727 Views)

I can't edit the appearance of my Alien/Vampire kid

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vintage Glamour stuff, Vampires, Get Together, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have An Alien/Vampire kid and edit him in Manage household. Although I don't know if the vampire part is important except my sim was born from an abducted male vampire.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Original Appearance of the Alien will not change from a default appearance, instead whatever changes I try to make to the Original replaces the disguise instead. The game also does not allow me to change the disguise if that is all I try to change either. If I try to change that by itself they both become the default appearance like the picture I attached. I am unable to make my alien look human again. 8-24-17
What do you expect to see? Obviously, I want to be able to modify the appearance of my sims however I desire. Thank you for your help.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I read that this has been an issue with aliens before in the forum, and was solved in a patch. I don't know if its because He was born from a vampire, but my sims 4 is fully updated, so whatever the patched fixed isn't working in this instance.

Message 3 of 37 (7,631 Views)

Re: I can't edit the appearance of my Alien/Vampire kid

★★★ Novice

Sorry I put descriptersfor the photos as part of the file name that doesn't appear. The Bald Scifi Get to Work suit is the "default" alien, while the other is what I tried to modify my sims original appearance into, that replaced the disguse.

Message 4 of 37 (7,626 Views)

Re: I can't edit the appearance of my Alien/Vampire kid

Champion (Retired)

I take it you used a mod to get a Vampire/Alien Hybrid as the game itself doesn't support it. This is probably why you can't change appearance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 37 (7,617 Views)

★★★ Novice

The point is less about the hybrid factor and more about not being able to change my sim. I read that this is an issue that has happened with the alien sprite before, but was supposedly fixed. Ergo, I assumed maybe the reason it is not fixed for me would be because he was an alien born from a vampire and the game doesn't know what to do with itself. My alien Sim does not suck blood (yet) I've never had a vampire kid, I don't know what is supposed to happen. But his sprite does hiss in the editing menu, and he was born with the red black vampire eyes. Whether or not hybrids are supported doesn't concern me so much as an inability to change my Sim properly. I DO NOT USE ANY MODS just to be clear.

Message 6 of 37 (7,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay, its definitely an unsupported hybrid.

Once he turned teen he went vamp. still the same issues, except now of course he has a "dark form" that doesn't even show up in the "Edit Sim" window. Dark form looks goofy too, wish I could change it. Well hopefully EA will find a way to fix this in the future.

Message 7 of 37 (7,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know how to include pictures at the moment but I have a very weird situation going on. Firstly, My female vampire and her male alien lover had a child. I consider the child (a male) a hybrid and I never had any glitches. The game recognises him as a vampire, and he has all the usual vampire powers and socials. He also has access to alien socials (e.g. secret handshake) and his default darkform looked like a full alien (pointy ears) with vampire eyes. He does not have access to alien powers. I thought this was very cool and had no idea what people were on about with the glitches. Cue my hybrids daughter (with human female) being exactly like stated here. I tried to edit her and CAS glitches out. She looked human but when I entered CAS she looked like her fathers dark form but with human ears. I haven't tried aging her up beyond toddler years because I'm playing a legacy. Hybrids without glitches are possible (minus alien powers), and I'm disappointed my second hybrid has so many glitches :/

Message 8 of 37 (7,453 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have a question for you...

Where did you downloaded this Vampire-Alien? Or did you made him by yourself?

I was the one who uploaded some vampire-aliens by the name "Tarandel" in the Galley before EA turned this possiblity off in an update. 

And yeah...It has a lot of bugs because a complete hybridsm should not be possible in the first place and I did this when MCC still had this option.

One of my vampire-aliens that I uploaded looks exactly like in @WizardSen pictures so I don't know if that is a coincidence.

I do have an complete hybrid Sim but I don't have any problems with that. Just the one you mentioned that It's not possible to change appearence of the disguise/dark form but it's okay because I don't use this.

Actually if you merge an alien with a vampire, it becomes just vampire or just alien but not both anymore. But your child still takes some appearence traits like skin...

So I think you should consider it not as a bug.

Message 9 of 37 (1,912 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn't download it. I had a vampire that was abducted and he just came to be. I don't understand why people are so adamant to say that it is impossible, as it really did happen naturally to me. If Sim's creators really did do something to prevent this, it did not work in my case, and I do not know why. At this point I don't care if other people believe me or not, it doesn't change anything as far as the bugs. I just regard as something kind of rare and cool to myself now, and the family shall remain saved in my library.

Message 10 of 37 (1,876 Views)