[UNSUPPORTED] Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion

by LeeCoxall

Original Post

Trait bug

★ Novice

I used the dev cheats to change one of my Sims traits because I chose the wrong one for her by accident and even though she doesn't have the noncommittal trait anymore she is still suffering from the tenseness effects from having a steady career and being in a steady relationship.It really is affecting her progress in her career because she eventually feels tense while at work.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Message 21 of 101 (7,734 Views)

Re: Trait bug

Hero

@HumidHuman

I don't think there's a solution to this bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 101 (7,718 Views)

Re: Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion.

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have the same problem, did anyone figured it out already?

Message 23 of 101 (7,158 Views)

★★ Guide

I had a similar problem but I found a cheat code that will completely remove the trait.  I think I can help here.

If you type in:  traits.remove_trait X  (whereas X is whatever trait you tried to remove in CAS.)  It will completely remove all actions from the trait completely.   I had done this with my commitment phobe Sim, CAS didn't work, and when using that cheat it worked like a charm.   Be sure to enable testingcheats on  first.

Hope it helps.

Message 24 of 101 (6,770 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks very much! i have the same problem of non-committal traits, but my game is not a English version, can you tell me the exact name that I should put after the code? Thanks.

Message 25 of 101 (6,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Here's a list: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/traits

My bet is on this: 

• CommitmentIssues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 101 (6,683 Views)

Re: Used cheats to change traits does not fix

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Revenant-Verse

Do you still see this ?

I'm a bit tempted to merge with this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/td-p/3477285/ ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 101 (6,701 Views)

Re: Used cheats to change traits does not fix

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You should try the mod "[Script Mod] advanced debug/cheat interactions" by Clown on ModTheSims. [Google search]

It allows you to add/remove some hidden traits/moodlets by using the "Cheat Sim Info" tab on your selected Sim's social menu.

It once helped me to remove the "Bad Fruitcake" bug that made all food taste bad for your Sim. There was a hidden moodlet causing the problem that I was finally able to remove with this; and permanently.

I haven't tested it enough, but this thing works just the same as CAS without having to use CAS. So in theory, you could try removing whatever replacement trait you have, add back the old trait, then remove it again; this time using the debugger/cheat mod. Maybe it won't have the same negative effects that CAS causes. If it works, then that makes this mod a must have in my opinion. Oh, and this mod also works just the same as the *testingcheats* command, so you have to hold shift then select your Sim to activate it. Also, Happy New Year. 

[Edit] I've since tested it, and can confirm that using this method works.

Message 28 of 101 (6,681 Views)

Still get moodlets.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time I change a trait on a sim because I don't like how it affects my sim, they still get moodlets from the trait she originally had and it is very annoying.

Message 29 of 101 (6,656 Views)

Re: Still get moodlets

Hero

@TrisxPrior

Merged with existing bug reprot

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 101 (6,645 Views)