Re: Sims 4- bored moodlet

by NewAgerJul

Original Post

Re: Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion.

★★ Novice
I took a sim from the gallery and while still in regular CAS (not cheat CAS) changed its traits to things I wanted. I then started playing but my sim keeps getting moodlets from his gallery version even though I changed them before even starting gameplay. He originally had the dance machine trait and I changed it out but now he keeps getting the "where's the party at?" Moodlet even though he's technically never been played with that trait.
Message 61 of 101 (2,119 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sims downloaded from the gallery has often been played with a little bit by the creators. Maybe the creator put them into their world before uploading them to the gallery, even for just a while, but that might be enough. If you're sure that your sim hasn't been played with at all though, it seems more like a real bug. have you seen if this happens with more sims? Standard smile

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 62 of 101 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Srothwell1 wrote:
I took a sim from the gallery and while still in regular CAS (not cheat CAS) changed its traits to things I wanted. I then started playing but my sim keeps getting moodlets from his gallery version even though I changed them before even starting gameplay. He originally had the dance machine trait and I changed it out but now he keeps getting the "where's the party at?" Moodlet even though he's technically never been played with that trait.

I haven't been able to duplicate this. Do you still know the name of the Sims/creator you downloaded the Sim from ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 101 (2,095 Views)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Create a new household. While in CAS, click + and from a gallery.

Select whatever sims household and click replace.

Household which you've selected in gallery will appear in CAS.

Change their traits(and name/body/etc) here. Then, place them on a lot and start playing.

What happens when the bug occurs?

Some sims still have old personality.

What do you expect to see?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSUPPORTED-Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/td-p/3477285/page/7

I know you(EA) decided not to fix this, but come on, is this that hard to resolve?

Technically, all you have to do is add code like this:

When the player changed Sims' personality traits[1] in CAS, and click checkmark,

-1. Is the household changed in any way? No back history, then go to 4.

0. Is the traits changed? If not, go to 3.

1. Delete all "CAS traits" from the sim in the household.

2. Assign "new traits(user selected 1~3)" to the sim in the household.

3. Save the household.

4. Show household management menu.

[1] definition: these traits = CAS traits which selectable by the user.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

by @Srothwell1

Message 64 of 101 (2,089 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict If you have a friend, ask him to give his savefile.

Then, open it in your game, click any household he's playing, and save it to your gallery.

Go back to main menu. Open your save. And create a household, click +, import from gallery, select his household, click "replace".

Message 65 of 101 (2,085 Views)

Hero

I've tried 3 different Sims from the gallery and didn't have it happen so it would be good to have one where it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 101 (2,076 Views)

★★ Novice
I managed to remove his dance machine trait by using the removetrait cheat but his materialistic and genius trait are very persistent. I'll have to browse around and see if I can find the info you asked for.
Message 67 of 101 (2,048 Views)

Hero

Sims downloaded from the Gallery who had their Insider Trait changed in Create a Sim, will no longer get the Insider Trait sad buff, Miss Hanging Out, from not hanging out…
  • …as they are no longer an Insider that would get sad from such things.
    • Do you think a Sim from the Gallery, who was modified after download, remembers who they were? Do you think they retain some of their former self?
      • Maybe… deep down underneath, and really what’s happening is some sort of dystopian Sim nightmare?

There was a fix for the insider trait in patch 1.37.35

If anyone sees it for OTHER traits with gallery downloaded Sims (not edit in cas cheat), please open a new thread. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 101 (2,031 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How can you say EA doesn't really support cheats when EA has a web page specifically for showing and encouraging us to use cheats?

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/how-to-cheat

First line: "Cheating is a big part of the game. 

Message 69 of 101 (1,991 Views)

★★★ Novice

I adopted a child Sim and wanted her to have the Loner trait instead of Creative.  I used CAS to change it, but now she gets tense moodlets from "Feeling Uncreative". traits.equip_trait and traits.remove_trait are working (I can see in her Simology panel that adding new traits causes them to appear, and then I can remove them) however Creative does not show in Simology and using the remove cheat does not cause the moodlets to stop appearing.

Is there a different work around/way to fix this?

Message 70 of 101 (1,660 Views)