Changing trait Noncommittal using cheat not working

by Skadeth

Original Post

Re: Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion.

★★★ Newbie

ja420 wrote:

I had a similar problem but I found a cheat code that will completely remove the trait.  I think I can help here.

If you type in:  traits.remove_trait X  (whereas X is whatever trait you tried to remove in CAS.)  It will completely remove all actions from the trait completely.   I had done this with my commitment phobe Sim, CAS didn't work, and when using that cheat it worked like a charm.   Be sure to enable testingcheats on  first.

Hope it helps.

I myself and a lot of other people have tried this already. I'm afraid it doesn't work. I currently have no and have found no permanent solution to completely removing the trait and it's moodlets. I'm still searching so there's a chance but it seems that everything has been covered, and one way that people found was to get the carefree reward with satisfaction points, and that'll remove all tense moodlets.

Message 51 of 101 (5,596 Views)

Re: Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion.

★★ Guide
With updates it has changed slightly. What I've noticed is if it is a trait that started with childhood you can't remove it via traits.remove. Instead you will need to go into cas.fulleditmode (with testingcheats on) remove the trait from there and substitute it for another one. Then come out do traits.remove_trait (name of trait you just removed) and it should be fine. I've done this numerous times. For any other trait added later I.e. Teen or young adult the traits.remove trait should work ok.
Message 52 of 101 (5,587 Views)

Re: Sims 4- bored moodlet

★★ Novice

I know this was a looooooong time ago... but I ended up here after having the same problem with Dance Machine. What worked for me is using console to add it back to the Sim, then removing it again. So order of commands was:

testingcheats true

traits.equip_trait DanceMachine

traits.remove_trait DanceMachine

Make sure you have an empty trait slot beforehand obviously.

Message 53 of 101 (5,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I had the noncommittal trait for my Sim and when she had a job or a relationship I liked, she would get tense, so I removed it and replaced it with Family-Oriented, she gets sad moodlets from being away from family and all that, but she would still get tense both from being level 5 in her career and being extremely close to being engaged with someone, etc, etc, I tried all of the cheats (testingcheats, cas.fulleditmode, modify in cas, and the traits.remove_trait <inserttrait> and traits.add_trait <inserttrait> but they didn't work.

The only solution I found to a sim getting tense from past traits that were removed was in the rewards store. getting the carefree trait, so that way she wouldn't care anymore and she would never get tense, even during fires or earthquakes (City Pack).

The worst solution I saw was starting from scratch with that character and I'm not doing that, I worked too hard and for too long with her, so I can't do that.

The carefree trait was the best solution I saw, thus far. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 54 of 101 (5,386 Views)

Hero

This is unsupported. Just never use Edit in CAS to change traits.

Did you tryy adding the trait first (although they have it) and then remove with the add/remove cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 101 (5,382 Views)

Loner

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So, I used the full edit mode cheat to change a sims loner trait to the muser trait, but she still gets the "enjoying solitude moodlet. What should I do?

Message 56 of 101 (5,273 Views)

Re: Loner

Hero

Hi @ChildzPlease

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please refer to solution post for a workaround

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 101 (5,256 Views)

Non-Geek Sim Getting "Need Video Games" Moodlet

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim with the Geek trait, and then switch it to something else after moving them in with testing cheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm playing a Sim and I decided to change her Geek trait to Loves the Outdoors. Even though I switched out the Geek trait, she still gets the tense "need video games" moodlet from not playing video games.
What do you expect to see? I wouldn't think that this moodlet would pop up for a Sim that isn't a geek.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I changed my mind about my ones of Sim's traits in a recent file. I switched her Geek trait to Loves the Outdoors with testing cheats after I moved her in. The only thing is, I don't think the game is properly registering that she is no longer a Geek, because she still gets the tense "need video games" moodlet from not playing video games.

Message 58 of 101 (5,028 Views)

Changing trait Noncommittal using cheat not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find a sim in the world with the trait "Noncommittal", make him move with a playable sim created by you. Use cheats "testingcheats true" and then "cas.fulleditmode", Shift-click sim with the trait "Noncommittal" and select "Edit in CAS". Delete trait "Noncommittal", give new trait instead (I gave him "Creative").
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim who once was "Noncommittal", keeps getting Tense about long relationships or jobs.
What do you expect to see? I expect a sim who does no longer have the trait "Noncommittal", not to get Tense about long relationships or jobs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here you can see the sim who once was Noncommittal and now is Creative instead, showing how tense he is about his long relationship. Poor girlfriend looks at him smiling, maybe hoping he'll change one day...

Tense.jpg

Message 59 of 101 (5,000 Views)

Re: Changing trait Noncommittal using cheat not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Skadeth

merged your post with existent.

It's a known issue but cheats are generally unsupported. 

Use the remove/equip cheats instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 101 (4,987 Views)