Re: Sims 4- bored moodlet

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

We don't really support cheats, and are aware that using them can cause issues. If traits.equip_trait and traits.remove_trait are functioning correctly, and provide a usable workaround for the issue of cas.fulleditmode giving incorrect moodlets, then I think we can consider this issue resolved. I realize that it's not technically resolved, but if a workaround for the issue exists, and that workaround is working, then that's all we can do for the time being. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 101 (34,157 Views)

★★ Guide
Wow that's great news. Thank you SimGurus. Can't wait for Dine Out pack. 😊
Message 42 of 101 (5,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I just wanted to confirm that the "traits.equip_trait" and "traits.remove_trait" cheats appear to work correctly, at least for me. I had a Non-Committal Sim who kept getting Tense from having the same job, used that cheat to remove it and give him another trait, and viola! Haven't seen the Tense moodlet since. Someone is much happier at their job now! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 101 (5,309 Views)

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion

★★★ Newbie
Go on vacation, sounds silly but I got rid of the uncommital trait and must have replaced it with romantic. Before my sims went on vacation I always had negative moodlets because my sim was married and in a stable job, I didn't have any moodlets or whims for the romantic trait but as soon as they returned from vacation my sim didn't care about commitment and was now only upset by the lack of love. I will try to update if I experience any changes but this worked for me. I think it just sort of resets itself when away from normality in the game
Really hope this helps Standard smile
Message 44 of 101 (5,223 Views)

Negative Moodlets Appearing From Unowned Trait

★ Novice

Sim 1 is a gardener who does not have the athletic trait; however, she frequently gets a negative moodlet from not exercising.

Sim 2 is a geek with no materialistic trait; however, she frequently gets a negative moodlet from not having some new possession to admire.

I have attempted to use the cheat Traits.Remove_trait Active on my gardener as well as resetting the Sim, but neither has worked.  (And I did have testingcheats on at the time.)

Message 45 of 101 (5,172 Views)

Re: Negative Moodlets Appearing From Unowned Trait

Hero

@BethLovesAlex

Did you download the Sims from the gallery or used CAS to change their traits ? It's a common issue.

Can you try re-adding the trait and then removing again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 101 (5,168 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but this workaround no longer works for me. Months ago I used the traits.equip_trait and traits.remove_trait to get rid of the "phantom" moodlets, (finally, I was so happy!) as removing them in cas.fulleditmode had never worked. I started a new game for city living 3 days ago, and it no longer works for any of the sims in my new game. I have tried adding and then removing the traits again with the equip/remove trait cheat numerous times and I am once again still getting the moodlets for traits my sim does not have. The traits equip and remove perfectly fine, but I still end up with the moodlets. (I also tried it again in cas.fulleditmode just in case, and that still doesn't work either).

Message 47 of 101 (4,923 Views)

Hero

I've tested this and also @fons_garmo tested this and we both had no issues with the moodlets

Do you have any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 101 (4,901 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've disabled mods and it still doesn't work. I will use the vanilla version of the same Sims I've been playing since CL in a new save game and use the cheats and see what happens. It should become obvious pretty quickly because the phantom "lone wolf" moodlet is there constantly in my new CL game.

Message 49 of 101 (4,893 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, it worked in a new save, both with mods enabled and disabled, so I guess for whatever reason my new CL game from a few days ago just doesn't like the cheat for some reason. It's a bummer to lose my save progress over the last few days, but at least I know it will work for a new game. Thanks very much for testing it out and helping.

Message 50 of 101 (4,891 Views)