Re: don lothario reacts to old traits

by vattumatonen11

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Im sorry but I don't understand your question.
I added don Lothario in my household and I didn't like his traits so I changed them. the traits are now romantic, self-assured and family-oriented but he gets tense because he isn't working out enough because his original trait was active. he also gets tense when he goes to work because he was noncommittal and doesn't like having a long time career/job or be in a long-term relationship with my sim.
Message 91 of 101 (1,110 Views)

Hero

@vattumatonen11 

@crinrict is asking how you changed Don's traits?  Did you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat and then change the traits in CAS, or did you change them via a mod such as MCCC?

I have changed traits on sims both ways.  And sometimes it takes a while for the changes to show in game play.  One thing I will suggest you do after you've changed a sim's traits is to save and exit, delete the localthumbcache file and restart the game.  That fixes it most of the time but not always.  Sometimes a sim will be sort of stubborn and residuals from the traits you removed will hang around for a long time.  

Hope this helps.

Message 92 of 101 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 oh okay! I used cas.fulleditmode. thank you for giving me that tip. do you think it will work now that I have already played with the traits or should I change them again? because I can change the traits anyway.
Message 93 of 101 (1,095 Views)

Hero
@vattumatonen11 That is known to not work. Best is to use remove_trait and then equip_trait

Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 101 (1,090 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I got this problem yesterday on a character I originally downloaded on the gallery. The cheatscodes to remove/add trait didn't work for me, but it seems I finally found a solution and wanted to share it with you.

So the process is to change traits, not "remove" which is not exactly the same. I personally did it with MCCC, where you can change traits as you want. It works like the Re-Traiting Potion (5000 aspiration points) so I think it works in an unmodded game. You have to do it twice. If you're going to use this potion there is an aspiration points cheat, "sims.give_satisfaction_points [number of points]" if I'm not wrong. (10 000 is a lot) Let me explain. 

My character had two negative buffs, related to active and creative traits I didn't have. So, first, I changed and took these "creative" and "active" traits, then saved. My character now had in fact those traits. Then, I did it again and took my original traits back, which effectively deleted the active and creative traits. After few days in game, the negative buffs never occured again, so it seems to work. 

This can possibily work in CAS with fulleditmode. Change with the traits related to your negative buffs, save, then take your original traits and save again. But not sure, because CAS seems to be the source of the problem here. 

I don't know where to post this but this thread seems to be the most popular about this bug, so I hope it helps. 

Message 95 of 101 (880 Views)

Re: Sims 4- bored moodlet

★★★ Newbie

I'm still having this problem. Is there seriously no way for it to be fixed?

Message 96 of 101 (715 Views)

Got rid of trait but still getting negative effects?

★★★★★ Novice

(For context, this first happened before the Infant update, it happened like one or two-ish months ago.)

So my Sim was one I got off the gallery and it had Ambitious as a trait. I despise the trait, (And he's unemployed, so he does too!) so I used cas.fulleditmode to get rid of the trait. It said that the trait was gone, it says it's gone in cas and everything else. But the issue is that I still get the negative effects from being an ambitious sim. Like not having a job.

Message 97 of 101 (679 Views)

Re: Got rid of trait but still getting negative effects?

Hero
@FairClarity I merged your post with the existing thread on this. This is an old issue. It's best to use the remove trait cheat instead of fulledit.

Re-add the trait, then remove again. You should find instructions for the cheat in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 101 (660 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER.

This is the only thing that worked for me.

Been wrestling with this issue for EVER and this finally worked. You are a star!

Message 99 of 101 (563 Views)

Moodlet for Unassigned Traits Issue is Back

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? For Rent, Horse Ranch, Growing Together, High School Years, Cottage Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Get Together, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Werewolves, Vampires, Realm of Magic, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Journey to Batuu, Home Chef Hustle, Moschino, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Backyard, My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Toddler, Movie Hangout, Fitness, Bowling Night, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Luxury Party, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Kids Room, Goth Galore, Castle Estate, Modern Luxe, Book Nook, Basement Treasures, Greenhouse Haven, Bathroom Clutter, Simtimates Collection, Everyday Clutter, Pastel Pop, Desert Luxe, First Fits, Decor to the Max, Blooming Rooms, Industrial Loft, Courtyard Oasis, Incheon Arrivals, Country Kitchen, Bust the Dust, Throwback Fit, Carnaval Streetwear, Fashion Street, Modern Menswear, Moonlight Chic, Little Campers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim > live mode > put in the cheats: testingcheats true and cas.fulleditmode > change one or more of the assigned traits > play with the sims in live mode long enough. OR Download a sim from gallery > change one or more of their traits > play with them sim in live mode long enough.
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll receive moodlets for the original trait(s) that they no longer have.
What do you expect to see? My sim will no longer receive moodlets for the traits I have unassigned to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This sim was assigned the noncommittal trait through gameplay. After breaking up with so many sims I had the "discovered trait" popup notification for noncommittal trait. I selected yes, but after a while, I decided I didn't like this trait on my sim. I used the cheat "cas.fulleditmode", followed by shift clicking my sim and selecting "modify in CAS." Here I removed the noncommittal trait and went back into live mode. It's been several sim days and an IRL day. My computer and sims game have been fully shut down and turned back on and I am still receiving the negative mood buff from the noncommittal trait because my sim is in a relationship.

Message 100 of 101 (222 Views)