by lynnbswor

Original Post

UNIVERSITY BUG (PC) - Lots of Admission Letters in mailbox

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Seasons, Discover University, Parenthood, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? New update
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims get tons of admission letters in their mailbox My sims, after the suspension, cannot enroll at the university despite the message "You will be able to enroll in ZERO days" My Sims cannot enroll in distinguished faculties even if they have all the required high level skills. Freelance career does not allow you to finish jobs.
What do you expect to see? I try to enroll at the university but the sims cannot do it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. With new patch, freelance career doesn't work anymore.

Good morning,

I have a bug since i installed university life my Sims get tons of admission letters in their mailbox. My sims, after the suspension, cannot enroll at the university despite the message "You will be able to enroll in ZERO days". My Sims cannot enroll in distinguished faculties even if they have all the required high level skills.

And then, Freelance career does not allow you to finish jobs since new patch.

How can i solve it?

Thank you in advance.

(CM: Edited to update thread title to focus on one bug. Other bugs have dedicated bug reports here and here)

Message 1 of 10 (745 Views)

Re: UNIVERSITY BUG (PC)

Hero
@lynnbswor The freelancer is a known issue, thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-All-task-done-Gig-not-completed/td-p/8249033/j...

The not being able to re-enroll after suspension is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Can-t-re-enroll-properly-after-Suspension/td-p/...

Don't think there's a thread for tons of letters. As you're using mods, could be a mod issue. Did you try without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

actually i use mod to fast homework. Could it be this?

Message 3 of 10 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry But i dont understand how can i solve it.

Message 4 of 10 (699 Views)

Hero
@lynnbswor The first two are known issue. There isn't much you can do.

For the letters you're getting non-stop, try moving your mods folder to the desktop, create a backup of your saves folder and delete localthumbcache. Then check if the game continues to produce further letters.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I delete all mod but it's the same... thanks...

Message 6 of 10 (684 Views)

Hero
@lynnbswor Do you also get the multiple letter on a different Sim/save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (658 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it happens with all sims with i play... I have not solved with the suspension problem. I have nothing to pay. I tried to move, he asked me to pay and I did it but then again it doesn't work, I can't sign up with any sim.

Message 8 of 10 (650 Views)

Hero
@lynnbswor As listed above, the suspension issue has it's own thread as others have also experienced it. I'm not sure there's a solution.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I delete all my saves. Hope will work again!

Message 10 of 10 (619 Views)