[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Unusual walking animation

by bernnegi

Original Post

[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Unusual walking animation

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is a bug but since 14th july update patch my sims walk style animation looks unusual. When they are sad/tired/have the sluggish walkstyle their walk speed is faster than usual (what i know it should be slower than normal pace) and when they have to pee their walk speed is slower than before. also the children walk animation looks like the adult normal walk animation. so i went on youtube to watch old playthrough videos and compare their sims walking animation with my sims walking animation and they are different. I did remove my mods folder and repair my game, still the same. so i delete my user folder and play test it with brand new save file but it remain unchanged.

some footage from my game to show what i'm talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkmnBprEhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUku55P6p3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG1zJXA347E

Devil

Message 1 of 13 (2,843 Views)

Re: Unusual walking animation

Hero

Tagging QA for this one

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,816 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We'll investigate this, thank you for the report!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (2,806 Views)

Hero

Added.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,752 Views)

weird walking sims

★★★ Newbie

My child sims seem to be walking oddly, they don't walk like they used to the used to have a hop in their step but now they always seem to walk with bent legs. I'm having the same sort of problem for my older sims, they walk normally but when they need the toilet they walk really slow instead of fast like they used to. Anyone else having this problem?

Message 5 of 13 (2,732 Views)

Re: weird walking sims

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 13 (2,720 Views)

Slow Need-to-pee Walk

★★ Guide

The need-to-pee walk style, which appears when a sim's bladder need is low, became very slow after patch 1.21.37.1020 (07-18 patch). The original speed was a bit faster than default walk style, but now it is much slower than default walk style. This makes walking to pee a time consuming task.

Mods/CC
None

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
GTW, GT/OR, SD, DO/PP, CK, MH

Occurring since
16-07-18.

Operating system
macOS Sierra beta 3

Message 7 of 13 (2,727 Views)

Hero

Hi @hallieally

merged your post with existing bug report

@Phantomlover1717 for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,714 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

@bernnegi @samsam713 @hallieally

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (2,424 Views)

★★ Guide
I cannot be sure whether it is that I got used to the slow walk, or it has been fixed; but it is not a big issue for me now. Thanks for checking in!
Message 10 of 13 (2,394 Views)