Re: Sims go outside to hug

by K9DB

Original Post

[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Sims go outside to interact

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time my Sims want to hug, they always go outside and do it. They'll never hug inside the house. It's just annoying that they always ditch what they're doing to just go outside and hug. 

Message 1 of 18 (3,029 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Hugging Bug?

Moved your post to the bug forum @jennahhanley

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 18 (2,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

How much space do you have in you house ? Is it tight in there ? Does it happen everywhere ?

Changed your title a bit to reflect the issue better

@jennahhanley

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (2,979 Views)

★★ Guide

My Sims will do this if the initiating Sim is stood near an exterior wall and there isn't much room inside where they are. From a visual point of view there IS enough room for two Sims to stand and hug as they can occupy the same space and talk but telling them to then hug will force them to go outside. They just don't find the next closest available space to carry out the hug in the room they are already in. Instead, because the empty space outdoors was closest when the action was initiated, they head there instead.

Message 4 of 18 (2,962 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue as well, but it's not just hugging. It's also with just chatting, they go all the way outside even though there is plenty of room. They where even sitting next to each other before going outside.

Message 5 of 18 (2,948 Views)

Hero

Added this to get more feedback from others.

Also tagging @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimQARobo to see if this is something that's getting tweaked still.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (2,936 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happens to me sometimes too. I first noticed it at the Lab when Sims were using the freeze ray, but now it's happening in homes too when they want to chat.

Message 7 of 18 (2,931 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @jennahhanley @crinrict @K9DB @Mielosh @Alistu

We'll investigate this.

If you could provide any of these, it may be very helpful to us:

• screenshot(s)
  • video(s)
  • save file(s)
  • your lot uploaded to Gallery so that we can download it

Essentially I would like to see what the lots that are having this issue look like.

Thank you for the reports Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 18 (2,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I haven't been able to recreate this again yet. I can't remember the house I had this with, I think it was the Zest Johnny (He was abducted and has twin boys) trailer which I have since replaced with a larger house. I'll let you know if I find the issue again. Oddly Johnny also works at the lab where they sometimes go outside to use the freeze ray, not sure if it's related though.

Message 9 of 18 (2,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@SimQARobo

I don't usually have an issue with this going outside to hug but ran into it tonight in a house I've downloaded from the gallery and am playing in for the first time.

The house is called 2BR Desert Starter by asphyxiateddoll and I placed it on the  20X15 Nookstone lot in OS.  I had both sims that live on the lot walking into the house, after travelling, via the front door.  They were barely in the house when I noticed one had a whim to hug, so I queued up the action.  They walked on towards the kitchen, then out a side door and ran around to the back of the house to complete the action.

Sorry, I didn't think to get a screenshot.  I was taken by surprise, lol.  Not sure if you want my save since the house is on the gallery and I've let you know which lot I placed it on.  If you do, just let me know and I will upload it.

@SimQARobo - It occurred to me today that I had added a desk and chair to the largest bedroom in my save that isn't in the gallery house.  Here is my save, in case that desk placement contributed to the issue:

Edited to remove link to save as QA already downloaded.

Message 10 of 18 (2,890 Views)