Re: Alien Disguise of previously shared creations Lost after latest patch

by SimQARobo

Original Post

[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Alien Disguise of previously shared creations lost

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The latest patch added the possibility to create the alien disguise in CAS which is something I hoped for for a while. However, the disguises created and shared before the patch are lost!

Before the patch I used to add the disguise in play-mode and then upload the alien with the human disguise to the gallery. When downloading the alien/disguised sim, the disguise/alien form was also downloaded and working.

Now, only the displayed form is downloaded and the other form is lost/randomized when switching the form in play-mode.

This problem does not affect sims that have been "in-game" before but sims that are now downloaded to the game or to CAS from the gallery.

Some of my creations that are affected:

https://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/DCC86B4B55C811E6836FCD3EBF6FF8CB?category=all&searchtype=ea_or...

https://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/1BB4550A50FA11E68D3B00299E3A664B?category=all&searchtype=ea_or...

https://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/688EE73045E711E68A164B8D1B5F3037?category=all&searchtype=ea_or...

Tested with no mods/CC.

Message 1 of 5 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I know for me at least, this also affects sims saved in my Library as well as Gallery sims. I haven't been able to test sims already in game as I don't have any current saves with aliens in them, but it does make sense that they would be unaffected. I just wanted it to be clearly stated that this is affecting ALL aliens not currently in game, not just those uploaded to the Gallery. Very frustrating, as many of us have worked very hard to get our sims just right both in their alien and human form. I HOPE this is something fixable, but I fear the information is lost for good and we will have to repair these sims ourselves. A daunting and depressing thing to look forward, so I hope EA looks into this soon.

Message 2 of 5 (540 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't have any saves in my library to test this with. And I don't think library items can be changed when the game is patched - so this makes me believe that the information is still there but it is not retrieved the way it used to be. It may be sth as simple as that some tag isn't recognized. I hope too that this is fixable.

Message 3 of 5 (527 Views)

Hero

Tagging @SimQARobo on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (518 Views)

EA Sims Team

We'll take a look.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)