by jrlsyx

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Plant quality meter

Hero
I think it's just really really really really slow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 67 (5,764 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing (even with fertilize)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 67 (5,757 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing (even with fertilize)

★ Apprentice

I did a game with a "green house" 3 out of 12 plants evolved after 40 days (all planted at same time). New game I did an outside garden and my plants evolved fairly quickly. 

Message 13 of 67 (5,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:
I think it's just really really really really slow

If really really really really slow is unable to evolve plants during one Sim life time then you are correct. :eahigh_file: 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 14 of 67 (5,718 Views)

Hero
Maybe I should put some extra reallys in there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 67 (5,707 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

★ Novice
I've had the same problems and also had problems with grafting - grafted strawberries with snapdragons but none of the plants will grow dragon fruits
Message 16 of 67 (5,628 Views)

Hero
Hi @ElanorS

this has it's own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Splicing-doesn-t-produce-new-harvestable/m-p/6882771

Just click me too to show you have it as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 67 (5,617 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having this problem.

My sheltered plants are evolving incredibly slowly. My game has been active for 2 sim years, and in that time, I've been watering, weeding and talking to my plants daily, and fertilizing whenever it's available. I only have 3 plants at excellent quality, and the rest are stuck in the dead zone between Nice and Excellent.

Subjectively, I think the plants outdoors are evolving a little faster, given that they spend a chunk of their time in dormant state but are more-or-less on par with the sheltered plants in terms of progress (all in the Nice-Excellent dead zone).

I also found that splicing a plant resets its progress for that evolution stage, but I'm not sure if that's a feature or a bug. Annoying either way, though.

Message 18 of 67 (5,583 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm not sure this is necessarily a bug, I think it might just be part of the new gardening design. Evolutions have slowed down, as it's now an end-game long-term goal. The Evolve commodity starts at around 50, and evolution is available at 100. Fertilize gives a solid amount of evolve commodity, depending on the quality of fertilizer but it's around 8. So you need to fertilize a plant about 7 times before it's ready to evolve. There are other factors that can affect the evolution rate as well, such as sheltering the plant. Sheltered plants have the benefit of being protected from the seasons but the evolution rate is much slower. Bluebells, for example, evolve 4x slower when sheltered than when not.

I will look into filing an issue regarding the Lessons not explaining all of this thoroughly enough. But if, after reading all of this, you believe that your game is still bugged and your plants just aren't evolving period, I would appreciate a save file to help us investigate. You can find more info for sending me your save in the following link, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 67 (22,078 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick wrote:

I'm not sure this is necessarily a bug, I think it might just be part of the new gardening design. Evolutions have slowed down, as it's now an end-game long-term goal. The Evolve commodity starts at around 50, and evolution is available at 100. Fertilize gives a solid amount of evolve commodity, depending on the quality of fertilizer but it's around 8. So you need to fertilize a plant about 7 times before it's ready to evolve. There are other factors that can affect the evolution rate as well, such as sheltering the plant. Sheltered plants have the benefit of being protected from the seasons but the evolution rate is much slower. Bluebells, for example, evolve 4x slower when sheltered than when not.

I will look into filing an issue regarding the Lessons not explaining all of this thoroughly enough. But if, after reading all of this, you believe that your game is still bugged and your plants just aren't evolving period, I would appreciate a save file to help us investigate. You can find more info for sending me your save in the following link, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

I'm happy that gardening has been given so much attention, But, what about players who play with more than one household? Or, players who rotate between many household? I don't think the devs have taken rotational players into account. As things stand I would need to play exclusively with my gardening household in order to make any progress on a garden throughout the cycle of seasons. 

I play each of my household for one sim week. I have at least two household in each world. But, only three household have gardens. Sorting out the gardens has become a nightmare. Not because of the seasons, but because the underlying mechanics are so unfriendly to rotational play. Even switching to two weeks per gardening household won't really help.

I had to play my gardening Sim Spring to Spring plus Summer and Fall  before getting 7 Apples, 2 Cherries and a Pomegranate from my spliced Apple/Cherry/Pomegranate tree. And this was playing exclusively with that household. This was with a pre-patch, per-Seasons garden. Maybe it needed that long to sync up, but even so that's a bit much to expect of us.

Do I think this is a bug? No. I think this is the result of not thinking something all the way through. 

If a plant needs to be fertilized SEVEN times before it evolves and a Season lasts seven days and there are five levels of quality and a plant doesn't need fertilizing every day and sheltered plants take longer to evolve, how long will it take a plant (plus they all grow a different rates) to reach the "excellent" quality?

Confused

Message 20 of 67 (5,360 Views)