Re: Fertilizing issue

by Psychotps

Original Post

★★★★ Expert
@yuk75 Well, it can't be the result of a corrupted file from an update, or ANY bad files at all, or else a game repair would fix that. And you said you tried everything.

I've used gardening in ALL my households. It's just something I do. ALL of them evolve just fine. We're talking hundreds of households, neighborhoods, towns, worlds, and saves for years since long before Seasons ever came out. With thousands of mods and with no mods at all.

If you've tried everything everyone's said, then I'm sorry. There isn't anything that can be done.
Message 51 of 67 (1,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@yuk75I just did it twice more on two different saves. 1 sim week from normal to perfect. All plants evolved just fine.

Some of them I used fertilizer, all of them used the beehive. They evolve just about daily until they hit perfect in about a week. One was an alien sim who was a spy, one was a sim I had in the acting career. Different lots, different saves, both in Newcrest.

I don't know. I've done gardening so many times I know it backwards and forwards. I've never had anything not evolve. In fact it's far too fast. 1 week to evolve all plants to perfect? I might write my own mod that nerfs it quite a bit.

Mind sharing your save?

Message 52 of 67 (1,106 Views)

★ Guide

That's exactly how I play too, since I started the game I've been trying to achieve a perfect garden. It's gone through hundreds of sims and saves being passed down each generation and I restart it with new saves.

Did you have your plants indoors? I think that might be part of my problem. They're supposed to take longer indoors but they just stop.

Save here, go to Forgotten Hollow and then click the big house on the right side, should have Rochelle Grissom in it and her man and baby. The rose stuck on magnificent is in the front row. This garden came from her mother and from my sim before that who came from another sim so this garden should have better plants by now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lbCL1SLF5yZ_pxSypF6whLvuKs7brAMe

Hoping @SimGuruNick or @crinrict can also see my earlier posts regarding what I think the issue is and can take a look too. I hope it sheds some insight. If it's perfectly working for you all then I don't know what I will do I will have to completely wipe my system. It happens for me with and without mods.

Message 53 of 67 (1,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@yuk75I just looked into the tuning files. I was hoping I could slow mine down some. It appears plants evolve and grow 400% faster outdoors, and I always have mine outdoors. The high speed is likely due to the fact that most plants only grow 1 season a year. I know they (most plants) spawn more fruit/flowers outdoors also, which is why I always have them outside.

I'll look at your save and see what I can tell is going on.

Message 54 of 67 (1,062 Views)

★ Guide

I think I solved this @crinrict @Psychotps

So tonight I bought dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, and jungle adventure leaving the ONLY pack I don't have as strangerville. I specifically chose these because I wanted the first two and I know OR adds herbalism and new plants so I wanted to ensure I had all the plants the game has.

On loading the game (after updating mods of course) 3 plants said evolve me. I evolved them, these plants were not ready to evolve before then. The next day 4 or 5 more evolved. Today is day 3 and my whole garden is sparkly evolves and my rose has gone up to almost evolve level from half way past magnificent!!!!!!! This is the first time my rose has EVER moved past excellent since I've had these issues!!!!! I've played for generations with this plant and it's been the same.

I have a hunch it's outdoor retreat. I obviously can't prove that because I wanted all the packs at once LOL. Please if one of you has the power please add this info to the topic, this is a real issue even if it is rare. 75 people me-too'ed this and I see posts about it all the time. If it really is that some update broke plants if you don't have one of these game packs you can probably fix it pretty simply....at least now you know for sure and I gave insight into the evolve triggering then vanishing in an earlier post.

For the record my sims both have super green thumb and every sim I've worked with has this. Their lots always have good soil. They've always fertilised with growfruit. Until I started testing this heavily they all had gardeners who had super green thumb trait. They would talk to the pants, keep bees, etc too. All of my sims have maxed garden skill and same with gardeners. There's no reason for my rose to have not budged in sim years (where seasons are weeks) and then to suddenly when I install these packs to actually have some movement. And the rose isn't the only one it was all of my plants bar maybe 4 total, it's just easier to track one. I will come back and complain if it stops again but for now it seems to finally be moving forward. Getting perfect plants has been my one goal since this game started and now it finally feels achievable.

Message 55 of 67 (1,033 Views)

★ Guide

Oh and please try my save, let me know if it works in your game or not. And let me know what packs you have :D.

Message 56 of 67 (1,032 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@yuk75I have all packs.

I played it for 2 sim weeks. I never fertilized any, just relied on the bees. They all were evolving just fine. It was pretty slow. Granted, you have a LOT of plants, over 50. Although, even indoors, I was expecting the evolve rates to be much higher than it was. I think it was due to the sheer number of plants. I'm wondering if the game only evolves a certain number of plants per day? Everything was working fine though.

As a test, I removed the walls and ceiling around the greenhouse area to see if the rates went up being not "sheltered". It went up but not nearly as much as it is in my own saves. That may reinforce my theory that it only evolves a few per day. I never got more than 4 evolves a day.

I never usually have more than 14-15 plants and they evolve like lightning outdoors. I've never had 56. I may try a LOT of plants on one of my own households some time to see if the evolve rates are lower.

In your save, during the first week I had 20 evolves. After week 2 four of them were perfect. So, it's working fine.

I'm not sure what the problem was, something by not having certain packs? Not sure what that could be. 

Message 57 of 67 (1,020 Views)

★ Guide

I really think it's outdoor retreat. Since installing it (and admittedly those other packs) I've had ALL of my plants evolve some of them 2 times in just 4 days of gameplay. I think it might do 4 at a time, but it's happening all day, I think I had 8 total on day 1 and close to 16 or more on day 2. I REALLY hope that this provides the insight they are looking for. I don't know why it's causing issues NOT to have OR, but it's doing it. Also the amount of plants as you said maybe that's causing issues too.

If you do a search for people looking for auto fertilizers you'll find a LOT of simmers with this problem but they just don't know it's this problem they are trying to evolve through fertilizer but it's not working, they think it's them missing plants and want to get a fertilize all option..The error/issue is SO SUBTLE you genuinely wouldn't notice it on a normal playthrough. You'd only notice if you were sitting there staring at it (which I was doing because I had to solve this).

You don't know what a RELIEF this is for me. I play my game this way with plants every single time and to find out my garden isn't even past nice in 3 generations was genuinely soul crushing. I build them all pretty close to the same way also. Now I have OR I'm going to need a bigger garden LOL. My rose is SO CLOSE to evolving and I am terrified it won't now but I'm doing everything I can to push it forward :D. I have a chance now, if this is really solved :D.

Message 58 of 67 (965 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@yuk75 I was suspecting OR also. Of the ones you added, OR is the only one (I think) that added new plants/gardening options.

Unfortunately I can't test it without removing my entire game and re-installing everything except OR... which I'm not really willing to do. I spent a lot of time getting my game the way it is and don't really want to upset the balance. Standard smile

It's wonderful that it's all working again. Maybe one of the EA gurus is willing to test the absence of OR or knows about the issue. Maybe some of the other users who "me too"'d can report if they have Outdoor Retreat or not?
Message 59 of 67 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Jungle Adventure also has several new plants.

Message 60 of 67 (921 Views)