Re: [UNCLEAR] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Apprentice
I guarantee you I know how to play this game and there is something wrong with plants evolving in fact they will not evolve to anything but nice fix it please
Message 31 of 67 (1,907 Views)

★ Guide

My plants evolved one time, without fertilization. Now, they won't evolve anymore. And no, I haven't fertilized them. It's driving me nuts, because some people tell me, that plants can only evolve if they've been fertilized. Which is not the case in my game Confused

Message 32 of 67 (1,893 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Nindigo79 How high is the quality and in which world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 67 (1,885 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict They are of Nice quality and on Sulani. I had others in StrangerVille - they went up to excellent and had not been fertilized either, before their growth halted.
Message 34 of 67 (1,880 Views)

Hero
@Nindigo79 Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 67 (1,870 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also having this issue. Having plants indoors is making it entirely impossible to achieve the gardening aspiration. They aren't improving beyond "Nice" quality and my sims needs to get 10 plants to "Excellent." I have even been fertilizing with pet poop and still it doesn't budge.

Message 36 of 67 (1,765 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

★★★ Novice

I am having so many problems with gardening. The plants were progressing nicely for a little while, but not to the point of all of them needing to be evolved. I saved a good amount of money and upgraded my house thinking I could rely on my plants to make the money back. With the growth cycle being so slow I will never get that money back in time to pay my bills for my household. This super slow cycle makes gardening more of a hassle than a fun thing to do in the game. EA, Sims team, please correct this or change it so I can enjoy gardening again.

Message 37 of 67 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

All plants are evolving, they are just VERY slow if you don't use certain methods. Say for example, if you grow strawberries and use the strawberries to fertilize, it'll take a LONG time to evolve.

Certain things can make them evolve faster, using Fish as fertilizer works better than say using Strawberries, daisies, or snapdragons as fertilizer.

The BEST fertilizer is Grow Fruit. Which you can STILL purchase from the automated supply vendor in Granite Falls. Just go on vacation to Granite Falls for a day (or four and enjoy the scenery) buy a single grow fruit, take it home and grow the Grow-Fruit tree. It will spawn in ALL seasons so you can safely put it outdoors.  Pick the fruit and use them as fertilizer.

You can also put down Burtie’s Bee Box nearby. It has a range of a 10x10 grid with the bee box at the center and will fertilize ALL plants within range. The Bee box is great because it STACKS with your regular fertilizer. Between the grow fruit and the bee box, your plants will evolve a LOT faster. However, you will need to Bond with the bees twice a day and periodically Apply Mite Treatments to keep them calm in order for them to keep fertilizing. But there's also the added bonus of harvesting the Honey. You can sell it once every few days for cash and keep some on you to help stave off Freezing to death or Burning to death in the cold/heat.

Plus there is the lot trait "Great Soil" and the aspiration reward store trait "Super Green Thumb" which will both stack with the rest to further increase your plants' growth and evolution rates.

I tried using all four methods once, I haven't use them all together since because it made my plants evolve WAY too fast.

Message 38 of 67 (1,724 Views)

★ Guide

Some of mine have only evolved once even with a gardener there daily they've been through my whole sims life and never gone past nice some of them. The lot has the good soil trait I thought that would help but it's not.

Message 39 of 67 (1,395 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@yuk75 That's strange. Mine evolve real fast. I never fertilize any more. The bee-box does an incredible job fertilizing. Just need to deal with the box once a day. Plus you get honey out of it.

In order for them to evolve, they need to be fertilized. Either use the bee box or fertilize it manually.

With the new tiny lot trait and the bee box, my plants evolve EVERY DAY. It's way too fast. That's not even using fertilizer. I never use it any more.
Message 40 of 67 (1,356 Views)