Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do bees affects the evolution of plants? Will plants quality improve if we often send the hive to fertilize them? Or do bees affect the volume of the harvest?

Message 21 of 67 (14,671 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work,  outdoor retreat, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant quality. 

plus phone and plants
What happens when the bug occurs? Plant quality meter doesn't move, hire gardener dosen't work, spliced plants is broken.

plus can't hire gardener. It is grayed out on the phone, message says "must have a garden to hire a gardener" plus hire gardener doesn't appear when clicking on a plant.

What do you expect to see? Progression. So I can evolve my plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  I have tried with all mods disabled, with MC control center only, and with mc plus nude in cas, no mosaic, and male and female nude skins.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? June 26, 2018
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I DO NOT have the seasons pack
As of the June 2018 update everything in the garden went phooey. I have more than 25 spliced plants and more than 50 regular plants. They include at least two of all plants in the starter herbs, flowers, fruits, vegetables, strawberries, potatoes. both farmer packs (gardening skill 7) and the uncommon pack. (gardening skill 7)
1. no plant can be evolved, dispute being watered and fertilized for more than a sim week.
2. hire gardener is grayed out on the phone, and does not appear when you click on a plant.
3. I have 7 plants where I spliced snapdragon onto strawberry. I did get a total of 70 harvest-ables, 36 strawberries, 33 snapdragon and ONE dragon-fruit.
A. I have tried with a sim week in live mode, never going into build, cas, or any other mode
B. I have tried using aspirations.complete_current_milestone to complete the freelance botanist aspiration
C. I have tried with plants in planters and without planters.
D. I have tried moving plants both in planters and without into household inventory, gone to live mode, then returned to the lot.
E. I have tried with all mods disabled, with MC control center only, and with mc plus nude in cas, no mosaic, and male and female nude skins.

Message 22 of 67 (14,648 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick wrote:

I will look into filing an issue regarding the Lessons not explaining all of this thoroughly enough. 

Please do this. I spent hours trying to debug deliberate nerfs thinking they are bugs. I repaired my game multiple times. I deleted cache files as they are known to cause issues. I did a factory reset. I deleted saves and started over. I spent time fruitlessly looking for answers online, just to find out these bugs are in fact deliberate nerfs you utterly failed to communicate in any manor until well after they go live and people desperately report them as bugs looking for answers get to critical mass? That is no way to communicate to paying customers  about major game changing nerfs. Sometimes nerfs are needed, I get that but when they are communication is key. I am more upset about the utter lack of communication until now than I am about the changes. What is the point of having a patch notes if they lack most if not all the important changes in said patch. I am not happy.

Message 23 of 67 (14,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So in other words, Fertilizer is a MUST? We simply CANNOT let plants to grow naturally in our garden? Watering and weeding plants simply won't help increase the bar line? The only thing I do is put Great Soil Trait on the lot. Also, no. I do not own the Season Expansion Pack

Message 24 of 67 (14,610 Views)

★★ Guide

@Ancaryvan Mine have been growing and evolving without me fertilizing them even once, so I don‘t believe it‘s a must. The whole process has just been slowed down and I think fertilizing just speeds things up a bit. 

Message 25 of 67 (14,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This has been happening to me as well. Definitely looks like this something to do with the Seasons patch. I don't have any expansions, game packs, or anything like that in the game. Still, my gardener sim has reached level 10 and has only been able to evolve one plant within the span of several weeks, a plant that began growing day one. Fertilizer does seem to be working, though.

Edit: Okay, just realized this, but it looks like my game is operating with the Seasons schedule despite not having Seasons installed. The first week or two in-game, plants didn't need to be watered. They also weren't progressing at all, really.. There were no weeds or bugs, either. Back then I only had the starter seed packs, though. Now, (roughly three or four weeks in) plants do need watered, weeded, and sprayed, and some are progressing. The progression of quality does seem pretty uneven. For example, while most plants are at the halfway point of the first level of quality, only one of my lilies shows this much and the rest just started going up. Not sure if they'll stay like that.

I don't know how the Seasons pack actually works, but it sounds like I started off in winter and then spring or summer. It's worth mentioning at this point that this wasn't a compleletely fresh game. I'd already been playing for a good amount of time on another family in Willow Creek. That's why I started in winter, I guess? Not sure if TS4 starts in summer, but TS3 did, so... I'm assuming it's the same thing. Winter overall just seems like a weird place to start off.  Anyways, I think this is the problem, because now plants are progressing much more over a smaller amount of time.

Message 26 of 67 (14,492 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I started my first Seasons game in autumn and during autumn and winter my plants had almost no needs, neither in the green house nor outside. That changed dramatically in spring. Now I have to water and weed them almost daily.

Message 27 of 67 (14,483 Views)

Hero

Tagging this as Unsure for now

Also accepted @SimGuruNick post as solution for visibility

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 67 (14,466 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As @crinrict noted @SimGuruNick has confirmed our observations as "by design".
Please feel welcome to add feedback to either of these threads on the Sims forum.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943341/feedback-updated-gardening-system/p1
Evolving too slow and grafted plants not happening after gardening patch
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942707/evolving-too-slow-and-grafted-plants-not-happening...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 29 of 67 (14,461 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

★★★★★ Novice

I've the same issue, and I don't even have Seasons yet! :/

Message 30 of 67 (14,304 Views)