UI images ran out of room

by ShootDiz

Original Post

Re: UI images ran out of room

★★ Novice
@EvolvingEinstien the spot shadow dosent work and you are correct only happenns in olympus and when in the middle of a fight or ring starting to close.Game is broken once again for PC players WTF is EA/Respawn doing to FU this game. Its nothing to do with your PC specs something in game is doing this.
Message 31 of 43 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've had this a few times before but earlier I had it at the exact same time as a friend in my squad. The third (also a friend) was unaffected. I haven't seen it happen to people simultaneously before so I grabbed a recording. I'll gladly send it to a dev and/or add more details should anyone request it.

Message 32 of 43 (991 Views)

UI Images Crashing Game

★★★★★ Expert

This has happened twice to me. The first time was two weeks ago and occurred when I was looking at cosmetics. The second time happened a moment ago, during a ranked match. I luckily didn't get killed due to the crash, but this was an inconvenience for me. I also don't know what caused it.

2023-01-17.png

Message 33 of 43 (919 Views)

Re: UI Images Crashing Game

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Midnight9746,

Thanks for popping up that error message. We're looking into this error and that screenshot is helpful because it shared the server ID. It looks like this is happening on Olympus specifically. 

I'll go ahead and merge your post in with the existing bug report open on this to help keep information together on this.

Thanks again, 

- EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 34 of 43 (876 Views)

Re: UI Images Crashing Game

★ Novice

Happend to both me and my 2 friends when playing ranked yesterday, in different matches, and always when we was mid fight or zone was about to close… lost so much RP due to this, unplayable

Message 35 of 43 (848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has happened 3x in less than 3 hrs an during fights on olympus in ranked. not sure why u guys would put ranked on this map seeing that so many are having this issue on this map. i have seen an killed alot of ppl so far that are disconnected waaayyy more than normal since this split so its happening alot an people usually dont report stuff bc they dk how tbh.

Message 36 of 43 (834 Views)

UI Image run out of room.

★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 4090
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? salosieppo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Ash
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1711350216
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.1.2023
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game hangs and after a while dialog window appears: UI Images ran out of room.
What should be happening instead? Maybe not show the dialog. Maybe I get a bigger room or smting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Core review more or even every once in a while.

After the latest update I have suffered twice already UI Images run out of room. There was something different on the UI before this happaned but cant really tell what. That is the actual gameplay when this error happaned: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1711350216 

Added dxdiag taken after the error dialog.

Message 37 of 43 (538 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm following up with an image post crash including the server number, as apparently that helps. Again, two of us are crashing here at the same time. Death boxes do seem to be a common element in these crashes.crash.png

Message 38 of 43 (681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nah it's not deathboxes. I'm encountering it frequently with no deathboxes nearby, including situations like dropping with 1 squad and I literally just start firing my gun. 

Message 39 of 43 (627 Views)

Re: UI Image run out of room.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello,

The difference in the UI compared to normal UI is that UI was missing the binded keys for 1 = Weapon 1 and 2 = Weapon 2, UI before crashing . Keybinds should have been there.

Hope this helps or confirms that game was running out of some UI resources I assume... Other app running at the same time was OBS to projector to display 2 (Elgato capture card on my streaming pc).

Br,

-Salosieppo

Message 40 of 43 (498 Views)