[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version iPhone 7
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) [removed player ID]
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug My 139m guild was just matched with a160m+ guild and quite obviously got absolutely destroyed. This completely takes the fun out of tw. This has not been the first time we’ve experienced this but it is the largest gp discrepancy.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You programmed it
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country US

Please fix this bug. I’ll also accept gear and/or crystals.

41FD3E3D-7BAD-47A1-8AF2-FDBA3D819C1B.png
Message 1 of 10 (785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tw mismatch

EA Live QV Team

Hi @BeijiraReykvana and @drkendc and thank you for the ally codes.

We have checked both Territory War matchups and they appear to be correct. Please keep in mind that the total GP of the guild is only one of many criterias for the calculation.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (904 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @drkendc and thank you for the report.

Please don't post your player ID, but we would like to have your ally code =) (here is how to find it: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-find-your-star-wars-galaxy-o...) to investigate this further.

Message 2 of 10 (757 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I screwed up the ally code. It’s 152-214-874
Message 3 of 10 (746 Views)

★ Guide

My guild Rise of Korriban (https://swgoh.gg/g/23068/rise-of-korriban/) also experienced 3 mismatches in a row again, now. 
After the start of Territory Wars, we (with then 70-90 Mio GP) were often matched against guilds with about 10 Mio more.

For some time after the fix, it got better, but now it seems worse than ever.

We currently have 110 Mio GP, and (after a rather tight loss against a guild some 10 mio stronger) we got matched against KøR DiS (https://swgoh.gg/g/678/kor-dis/) with a 133 Mio GP in the War 4/28/18 - 5/1/18

They cleared all of our territories (but one, maybe, I didn't watch the end), while we managed to clear just one of them.

For the current TW, we are matched against a guild with 10mio less. Good for us, probably, but not for the excitement and fairness of the game.

In case it helps, here's my ally code as well: 355-589-483.

Message 4 of 10 (727 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @BeijiraReykvana and @drkendc and thank you for the ally codes.

We have checked both Territory War matchups and they appear to be correct. Please keep in mind that the total GP of the guild is only one of many criterias for the calculation.

Message 5 of 10 (905 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is reported over and over again but is being ignored.

How can a war be fair with the following:

This war the GP difference is 23mil GP. They have 8 that never signed up we have 1. So they ahead on GP even with less participants. They dont have 9 profiles on swgoh.gg but we have all: Comparisons: 7* toons - 3030 to us - 3554 on there profiles so will be more. so roughly 600 more 7* toons to us Gear 12 - 225 to us - 342+ to them - so at least 120 more gear 12 toons. So that at 20 teams per tile is a whole tile and spare change of gear 12 toons they can put down more than us. Zeta's - 93 to us - 247+ to them.  648-377 on gear 11 to them. 512-384 gear 10 to them.

They have more zeta talzin, more gk 7*, more jtr's and more of everything you could possibly use in the calculation.

Currently sat as us not clearing a tile and them clearing half the map already.

I have spoken to the opponent and they fully agree the match making was not fair.

my ally code is 987-969-239.

There is 2 posts running on the forums about this also - is any dev's reading the comments and is there going to be any response?

Message 6 of 10 (689 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @philan81 and thank you for the details.

As we've said before the total guild GP and the GP of the participants are only two of many criterias for the matchmaking in Territory War.

We've checked your guilds matchup as well and it appears to be correctly calculated.

Message 7 of 10 (674 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Again you dont seem to care that many guilds are not happy with match ups and giving a standard response. How was this guild match up correctly calculated? We have less of every single thing (except members). Their guild is on a 12 match running streak (about to be 13).

You may as well given us a 140mil + guild as they would also have more than everything.
Message 8 of 10 (670 Views)

★ Guide
Hello and thanks for the reply. It's nice that your "matchup calculations" seem to be correct, but maybe you should reconsider the algorithm if it results in matches that are so lopsided... I'm not speaking of the difference in GP, but of the result in cleared teams and territories.
Message 9 of 10 (646 Views)

★★★ Novice
this is understood, can you in that case explain how that is done? We have now 3 times in a row been paired against 45-50% higher GP and been totally cruched. And, well, it is no fun. People are talking about quitting.

are you planning to do any changes to the pairing system?

my ally code is 331-537-333
Message 10 of 10 (558 Views)