Re: Is anyone else having trouble with “Try for Baby” at the Sims Sessions?

by crinrict

Original Post

'Try for Baby' doesn't work in tent during Sims Sessions

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Laundry Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attend Sim Sessions with flirty married couple, have them try for baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? They do the animation of talking about it, do the excited animation, then cancel it to do something festival related instead - mostly watching the concert during the concert and trying to go up on stage after it.
What do you expect to see? A festival baby 😉
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don’t have any mods related to tents or trying for baby (other than cc it’s mostly Magic careers & university adjustments) but I can start going through them all if this is only happening to me...

Do the tents just need to be empty for woohoo/try for baby to work? Because they’re never empty, but the try for baby option only got greyed out once when their son was in there.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, fixed template

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 1 of 5 (580 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @PipMenace 

Do you happen to se the issue without mods too? Could you please try without mods

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)

Hero
@PipMenace Does it work with the tent while not at the festival ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

So I saved my family to my gallery, turned off all mods, restarted, and started a fresh save game with my family so we'd be back on the Sunday again. They still won't try for baby - I got them flirty before sending them to the festival with needs full, and again, every time I try, they do the discussion animation, the excited acceptance animation, then go back to watching the concert.

I did try just woohoo in tent, and that they were willing to do. But I wanted a festival baby! I shared them to the gallery as FestivalBabyWanted, if anyone else wants to try.

Also, I don't have outdoor retreat, so I don't have the tents available except for at the festival. I can't even buy them from the swag stand.

Edit: couldn't edit my original post without redoing the whole thing, but version = 1.76.81.1220 and as stated above woohoo is not affected but it still happens without mods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 5 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PipMenace I can duplicate the issue at the festival but was wondering if it's a more general problem.

I'll test if it's a general problem later

EDIT: Tents work normally outside the sessions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (476 Views)