Re: Troops option disabled after recovering from WiFi disconnection

by EA_HighCommand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Troops option disabled after recovering from WiFi disconnection

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) OnePlus 6
OS Version latest
What is your Player ID? Abii
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug I have been experiencing WiFi disconnections issues lately after upgrade not able to isolate if this is due to game or external, but when try to initiate ping from a PC running on same WiFi network the ping responses are good. When WiFi disconnections happen the game struck a, but when it recovers most of them time game play is forwarded and I am able to resume the Game, but some time game resumes but I am not able to build new troops or not able to direct troops to different place, they remain stand still.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Please disconnect yourself from WiFi while playing the game and resume after some time.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country UAE

It looks like when there is a game between GDI and NOD it looks like GDI is given more advantage in winning the battle. Please check that too, this is something different from aove described issue.

In the belt screenshot you should see the below troops are disabled and not able to select then and in another one I and trying to direct the crystal miner to different place but I don't see an movement from it.

Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi @abilash1000 and thank you for your report.

WiFi connection, despite being fast are vulnerable to small package losses due to interferences from other WiFi's, other devices sending requests, etc.

If you are having connection issues I would recommend switching to a cellular connection, which is more reliable. Looking at the second screenshot it looks like your match disconnected from the game, which is why you can't build new units, despite having enough Tiberium and unit slots available.

As for the advantage of GDI over NOD, many other players might disagree (there is a lot of feedback the other way around). We are constantly monitoring the game and balancing units regularly to keep the game fair for everyone, no matter what faction they play.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (331 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @abilash1000 and thank you for your report.

WiFi connection, despite being fast are vulnerable to small package losses due to interferences from other WiFi's, other devices sending requests, etc.

If you are having connection issues I would recommend switching to a cellular connection, which is more reliable. Looking at the second screenshot it looks like your match disconnected from the game, which is why you can't build new units, despite having enough Tiberium and unit slots available.

As for the advantage of GDI over NOD, many other players might disagree (there is a lot of feedback the other way around). We are constantly monitoring the game and balancing units regularly to keep the game fair for everyone, no matter what faction they play.

Message 2 of 3 (332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but I don't have a 3G/4G as it is not cheap you see.

When I am able to ping from a different client which is connected to same WiFi and same location as phone to 8.8.8.8 without any ping losses but experiencing disconnections in game is bit strange and difficult to blame some external sources but the game update.

During the game play when both miners are in play there is a delay induced while generating every new troop, please note I am not mentioning about the delay that is being induced when a new miner is built, I am mentioning about delay that is being induced for every troop that is generated when a new troop is built when two miner are in play. I am noticing it in this new update not old one.

I have been playing all day since morning where I am hardly able to win, it is either because of delay that I mentioned above or being matched with high level opponent. Why is this happening recently ?

Regards,

APR

Message 3 of 3 (283 Views)