Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tripod photography view can't be rotated around subject

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires, Batuu, Paranormal, and the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on photo tripod, Select "Take Photo," "Take Picture Of..." or "Take Picture With..."
What happens when the bug occurs? When taking a photo with the tripod, the slider at the bottom will not rotate around the subject.
What do you expect to see? When I use the tripod to take a photo, I expect to be able to rotate the viewfinder using the slider, so that I can take pics from different angles within the same 10-photo session.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have, and removing them had mixed results (see below.)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have reset Sims (moving a copy of the Sims 4 folder to desktop, deleting the folder from My Documents, clearing the Recyle Bin and restarting the computer) three times.  The first time fixed the problem, but then I put my mods and CC back in and lost the slider functionality again.  The second time I reset, the slider still didn't work, even with all mods and cc removed. The third reset ended up the same as the second.

Photo slider problem.jpg

Added about an hour after initially posting: 

I found a workaround for the non-functioning slider, in case anybody sees this and has the same problem I'm having... You can move the camera side to side using the A and D keys or the arrows in the lower right corner. Then, you can move the window to point back at the subject from your new position. By moving and adjusting the window as I went, I was able to get the back of the subject I was photographing, as well as all angles in between. It's a little extra work (especially when you're used to only using the mouse when taking a picture,) but it does get the job done.

Message 1 of 16 (1,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tripod photography not initiating well, and view can't be rotated around sub

★★★★ Novice

I believe I've found the culprit.  I patched the game, kept mods and CC disabled, and tried the tripod - the slider worked.  Reactivated mods and CC in the settings but only had MCCC and UI Cheats, as well as all of my downloaded CC, in my Mods folder - slider still worked.  Then I added in a... mod for grownups that I suspected might be the problem, and, sure enough, the slider stopped working.

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (1,135 Views)

All Replies

Re: Tripod photography not initiating well, and view can't be rotated around sub

Hero (Retired)
@trackrick What platform are you on? You put PS4 in your bug report.
Message 2 of 16 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@trackrickWhat platform are you on? You put PS4 in your bug report.

PC.  I just fixed it.  I guess I scrolled down on the page and it scrolled the selection field or something.  Or I clicked one line too low.  My apologies for the confusion.

Message 3 of 16 (953 Views)

Hero
@trackrick Did you edit any files to get past the qe issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (889 Views)

Hero
@trackrick Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Last I checked, the slider still doesn't work, but I found a workaround.  I added that info to my original post, and I'm disappointed in myself for not putting it in a separate reply, to make it easier to see.  Here's what I said about the workaround...

I found a workaround for the non-functioning slider, in case anybody sees this and has the same problem I'm having... You can move the camera side to side using the A and D keys or the arrows in the lower right corner. Then, you can move the window to point back at the subject from your new position. By moving and adjusting the window as I went, I was able to get the back of the subject I was photographing, as well as all angles in between. It's by no means as easy as just sliding a knob side to side, but it does get the job done.

Message 6 of 16 (857 Views)

Hero
@trackrick And you didn't edit any of the files to fix this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Camera-keys-not-working-in-photo-mode-QE-WASD/m...

Also it's actually probably best if you made a separate thread for the sliders not working. There should be one thread per bug in the bug forum.

For me both is working fine so not sure what's going on in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Now that you mention it, I did edit the file referenced in that other thread you linked to, but it didn't revive the slider. 

Totally understandable about keeping to just one issue per thread.  Should I encounter multiple problems again (and here's hoping I don't,) I'll be sure to keep them separate.  This was the first (and so far only) bug thread I've started, so kinda new at this!

I definitely got the impression that my issue is an odd one that isn't shared by many.  It's a mystery to me too, but now that I know I can use the keys and the mouse in tandem to achieve the same result, I'm sufficiently happy with my photo situation.

Message 8 of 16 (830 Views)

Hero
@trackrick The edit seems to cause the slider issue. Did you edit it back to the way it was and it still occurred ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just edited the file back to the way it was, and that did not fix the slider.  I even did the recommended cleaning out of cache files, just to be sure.

Message 10 of 16 (812 Views)