Trending Now Quest stuck at chapter 6

by sbeetee

Original Post

Trending Now Quest stuck at chapter 6

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to progress past chapter 6 on the Trending Now Quest. I have completed all the career points to enable the next event to take me to chapter 7 but is it greyed out and says I am already in this quest. I can complete all other types of shifts at the workplace. 

Message 1 of 7 (633 Views)

Re: Trending Now Quest stuck at chapter 6

Hero
@sbeetee Hi, try leaving your sims idle and restart the app and/or device completely. When reopening the game, check if some events get completed (pink check marks), claim the rewards. You might have to repeat this several times.

Have you recently made sims passive or retired them?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @Ilois4 - thanks for the response. I have tried all you have suggested and the option to complete chapter 6 is still greyed out. It appears when I send my sim to work, but it is greyed out and says that my Sim is already taking part in that event (photo attached). She is able to complete all other events (social, hobby, party etc). She isn't retired or passive - I've not taken this step with any of my sims yet

Message 3 of 7 (560 Views)

Hero
@sbeetee Did leaving your sim idle and restarting give any complete events to claim?

I’m thinking the game might still run the previous chapter event somewhere in the background, even though you have claimed the rewards earlier and advanced to another chapter end. 🤔 This kind of past events popping up (completed) has been going on for awhile now and sometimes it takes several restarts to get all the past events cleared.

Message 4 of 7 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ilois4 No luck - I’ve been stuck on this chapter for a week or 2 so have had plenty of idle time and restarts but it still remains greyed out (unless I am doing restarts wrong - I am either closing the app and restarting or completely restarting my phone)
Message 5 of 7 (510 Views)

Hero
@sbeetee It sounds like you’re restarting the app like I would do it. 🤔

Message 6 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ilois4 it fixed itself last night! I logged on and the sim had a pink tick above her head and it turned out it was for the career chapter. All going well now. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7 (455 Views)