by simmerdownMAL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trending Now (Fashion Career) Women’s Shoe Rack Provides No Head Start

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compare shift durations with and without the Women’s Shoe Rack Head start item.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see head start item shave off time / provide a boost to decrease the shift duration time like the other head start items. There is no time change / decrease in time from the Women’s Shoe Rack in the fashion studio.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback Several players, including Phantom, SalixCat, and Diazy8, and I have been working together to identify all the shift and hobby durations, and the variables that impact their durations, like specific traits, head start items, and Izzy item boosts. Some outliers have been spotted, and this bug report is specifically about the Trending Now (fashion) career.

The third head start item unlocked in the Fashion Studio is the Women’s Shoe Rack. It costs 85 SimCash and has the description, “Get a head start in Fashion Events,” but the head start effect doesn’t actually work at all for this item. 

47E305C8-7069-49CD-B81F-46FB85210B95.jpeg

Through data collection, this career’s shift duration was spotted deviating from the durations in the other careers. (Excluding the Barista and ASOS careers — they have their own special quirks).

For Sims with Good Upbringing 3, Ambitious 3, and wearing an Izzy item with a career boost, the durations below were noted:

• For quick shifts levels 5-10, the durations are 35m 6s. But for the fashion career, the duration is 35m 10s. 
  • For standard shifts levels 7-10, the durations are 2h 20 mins. But for the fashion career, the duration is 2h 30 mins. 
  • For long shifts levels 3-8 the durations are 4h 10m. But for the fashion career, the duration is 4h 41m. 
  • For long shifts levels 9-10 the durations are 4h 41m. But for the fashion career, the duration is 5h 1m. 

Once the duration discrepancies were noted, trial and error was used to see which head start item wasn’t providing the boost, and I spotted that it was the Women’s Shoe Rack. The other two head start items (Stylish Oil Painting & Womenswear Line) were effective in providing their head start boosts. 

Can you please add the head start boost to the Women’s Shoe Rack? If any of the items in the studio should have a working head start boost, players would hope it would be the one they spent SimCash on to provide the boost as described. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (2,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Trending Now (Fashion Career) Women’s Shoe Rack Provides No Head Start

★★★★ Guide

I no longer have a sim currently in this career to test it, but I’m going to go ahead and trust SimGuruIlya and mark this completed. When my sim gets far enough along in the career again, if the times still show up differently than they should, then I’ll swing back here! 😂 

I’m super impressed by how fast this was fixed! 👏🏻 👏🏻 

4324E11A-A7D1-42C7-9452-C248CA0BF267.jpeg

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,916 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

@simmerdownMAL do you have any data on the restaurant? I have all three Head Start objects a Sim with Izzy's clothing, and good upbringing, 3 star cooking trait

And yet, my married NPC (working in hospital) has no upbringing trait, has Izzy top, only one star genius trait, only two headstart items in the hospital. I could start them at the same time, and the NPC Sim actually has either the same or lower time than the one in the restaurant. 

Also have a Sim in the barista career (she has everything) and yet the time is the same as the restaurant. I thought I was going to have less time with the barista career. I guess I'm going to have to do some time trials with you guys too. 

Message 2 of 6 (2,063 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@givememore86 There are other variables at play that may be affecting those durations, like level within the career (1-10), and whether or not it is an actual level or a chapter story (a chapter story falls right at the end of each level 1-9). So make sure you compare apples to apples. Higher levels have longer durations, so don’t compare a level 8 Standard duration to a level 3 Standard duration. And don’t compare anything to the Barista career, which only has 5 career levels.

Message 3 of 6 (2,053 Views)

★★★ Pro

Oh, ok @simmerdownMAL  😃

The example of the person in the restaurant and the person in the hospital were at both maximum level. I'm actually thinking that one of the headstart items is not working in the restaurant.

Message 4 of 6 (2,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@givememore86

Hey, thanks for clarifying. We haven’t seen anything in the restaurant or hospital that indicates any deviation from the norm on our end.

Can you please answer a few questions about your sims and post a few screenshots if you can?

Restaurant Sim:

• Your Restaurant has 3 head start items
  • Your sim has Foodie 3 trait
  • Which Good Upbringing trait does this sim have? (1-3)
  • Which trait does the Izzy item boost?
  • Does your sim have the Ambitious trait, and if so which one? (1-3)
  • Can you please provide 2 screenshots of your sim completing any shift duration? Preferably a Long shift, if possible. The screenshots would need to show the following info:

94A8166A-77F0-4359-84FB-D0FB130F3DFA.jpeg

Hospital Sim

• Your Hospital has 2 Head Start items
  • Your Sim has Genius 2 trait
  • Your sim has no Good Upbringing trait
  • What trait does the Izzy item boost?
  • Does this sim have the Ambitious trait, and if so, which one? (1-3)
  • Can you please provide a screenshot of this sim completing the same shift duration that you opted for with your restaurant sim?

The Barista career operates differently, so if you want to do some comparison there, we can follow up after this post.

Thanks for your help looking into this. If another head start item isn’t working as it should, either globally for all players or on an individual player level, then the information you provide will be helpful.

Message 5 of 6 (1,983 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I no longer have a sim currently in this career to test it, but I’m going to go ahead and trust SimGuruIlya and mark this completed. When my sim gets far enough along in the career again, if the times still show up differently than they should, then I’ll swing back here! 😂 

I’m super impressed by how fast this was fixed! 👏🏻 👏🏻 

4324E11A-A7D1-42C7-9452-C248CA0BF267.jpeg

Message 6 of 6 (1,917 Views)