Treadworthy stairs glitch

by nefosaur

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Treadworthy stairs glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When placing the Treadworthy stairs inside a room, this happens to the bottom stair:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2508d1t.jpg

It doesn't occur when placing them outside and it doesn't occur with any other type of stair. Thank you Standard smile

edit:

also, when zooming in from the floor above, the stairs disappear. This happens with all stairs.

When zoomed out:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/34rew6x.jpg

When zoomed in:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/29z32tf.jpg

Message 1 of 10 (1,865 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Treadworthy stairs glitch

Hero

• Treadworthy stairs that are placed indoors will no longer have a missing bottom step.

Fixed :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,767 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,831 Views)

Hero

@nefosaur Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there,

Yes, the problem still persists. My game is fully updated.

Message 4 of 10 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. Especially when using stairs in conjuction with a balcony. The house I am currently working on... I finally solved the problem with the doors on the first floor disappearing when trying to build a balcony by moving the balcony one square away from the outside and interior walls and making it go all the way around the room (which is NOT the effect I wanted). Now the stairs (Unremarkable Staircase) disappear even with railings added when I zoom in. 

If it makes any difference, I do not build in buy/build mode when the intention is to upload the build to the Gallery at some point. Any builds which I plan to upload are built in  build mode only.

My game is fully updated with all updates including the digital and Outdoor Retreat.

Windows 8.1 64bit

AMD FX-8300 8core 3.3GHz

12 GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 200

driver date 09/15/14

version 14.301.1001.0

There are no recent driver updates for the video card. 

ETA: In order to attempt to have the balcony more like what I wanted I moved the stairs back to the original location. Now the doors on the first floor are disappearing again depending on how far out or in the camera is zoomed. There is a "range" in which the doors do not show. If I zoom further out they will show, if I zoom futher in, they will show. It's just within that "range" they disappear. I'm starting to wonder if this may be a camera issue. I use the Sims 3 camera mode at all times.

Message 5 of 10 (1,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict 

i just saw this issue with the treadworthy stairs ppl are having soo i launched a new game and went into build mode and fiddled about for 30 mins with them  it's the auto floor placed by the game if you just place a room or build the walls yourself the game auto places floors then you tile or carpet it

the stairs no glitch outside but do indoors so what i did was hammered the auto floor and just tiled the grass the bottom stair shows up as it should

edit to add images edit edit the images where huge fixed it

edit edit's just thought if the OP still has that house built with those stairs if they just try hammer the floor and place tiles over the grass themselves if the stair appears as it should ?

02-14-15_11-02 AM.png02-14-15_11-02 AM-2.png

Message 6 of 10 (1,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

tomorrow night (sunday ) as i'll have a bit more time  i'll do a little build with those stairs in mind as possibly too if  a house is built with foundations and or pre made room that may cause the same issue too due to the auto flooring will edit this post if i find a workaround

edit to add regardless of if one uses pre made  rooms or builds walls and floor by the self the stairs IF a foundation is added  that issue  remains with  the stairs  if i build just on a flat and hammer the floor and just place floor tiles the stairs are fine

Message 7 of 10 (1,683 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem for me! I don't even use the Treadworthy stairs I end up using the Workaday Staircase which is pretty identical, but without the glitch. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,632 Views)

Hero

• Treadworthy stairs that are placed indoors will no longer have a missing bottom step.

Fixed :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,768 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i can confirm this :D  (and i didn't even have to replace the ones i had on the lot already )

Message 10 of 10 (1,594 Views)