Traya's Unique is Negating Stun Inappropriately

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 7
OS Version iOS 12.1.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 622-586-261
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Darth Traya's unique ability (Lord of Betrayal) is negating stun on herself an other Sith allies, effectively making them all immune to stun, which is not how the ability is described. The ability states "At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them and deals damage equal to 5% of their Max Health for each debuff dispelled. Logically, this means the character has to get a turn to trigger Traya's dispel. And based on the description of STUN - which states that when stunned the stunned character MISSES their next turn - they shouldn't get this next turn to trigger Trayas's dispel of the debuff (stun in this case). But this is what's happening. While stunned, when a Sith character's TM reaches 100% instead of missing their turn they are getting their turn, activating Traya's dispel which dispels the stun, instead of it expiring, and then they instantly get to take their turn and attack. If they get their turn at the end of the Stun cycle, what exactly is the Stun doing? Unlike other debuffs, which are negatively affecting the character the entire time (like slow or defense down), stun doesn't actually take affect until the character reaches 100% TM after being stunned. Alternatively, if this is working as intended, I would argue that the ability needs to be reworded to stay "Sith allies are immune to Stun" because based on the way its working currently, a Sith character under Traya lead can NOT be stunned.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fight a Darth Traya led team with other Sith allies.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone 7
OS Version iOS 12.1.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 622-586-261
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Darth Traya's unique ability (Lord of Betrayal) is negating stun on herself an other Sith allies, effectively making them all immune to stun, which is not how the ability is described. The ability states "At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them and deals damage equal to 5% of their Max Health for each debuff dispelled. Logically, this means the character has to get a turn to trigger Traya's dispel. And based on the description of STUN - which states that when stunned the stunned character MISSES their next turn - they shouldn't get this next turn to trigger Trayas's dispel of the debuff (stun in this case). But this is what's happening. While stunned, when a Sith character's TM reaches 100% instead of missing their turn they are getting their turn, activating Traya's dispel which dispels the stun, instead of it expiring, and then they instantly get to take their turn and attack. If they get their turn at the end of the Stun cycle, what exactly is the Stun doing? Unlike other debuffs, which are negatively affecting the character the entire time (like slow or defense down), stun doesn't actually take affect until the character reaches 100% TM after being stunned. Alternatively, if this is working as intended, I would argue that the ability needs to be reworded to stay "Sith allies are immune to Stun" because based on the way its working currently, a Sith character under Traya lead can NOT be stunned.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fight a Darth Traya led team with other Sith allies.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

Message 1 of 8 (854 Views)

Re: Traya's Unique is Negating Stun Inappropriately

★ Novice

Sorry, not sure why it posted twice.

Message 2 of 8 (849 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It is working as intended and not a bug

Sith under Traya can be stunned, but Traya dispels the stun so that she cannot miss her turn. By missing a turn, the meaning is that the character cannot perform any ability and simply passes.

Immunity wouldn't make sense because there are ways to stick stun and bypass the unique such as using Mother Talzin's plague. Traya cannot dispel stun under plague which was a popular strategy used when Traya was initially released. Making them immune would void this and other forms of stun / stun interactions, such as Kylo Ren Unmasked's special ability dealing 2x damage against a stunned Traya before she could move and stun immunity would be changing the unique entirely. Also, stun prevents evasion, and is negatively affecting the character during the duration of stun. It allows some characters to do more or less damage depending on the abilities of said character and Traya loses 5% of her max health due to the debuff. It is incorrect to say that stun is a debuff that does nothing to a stunned character while the TM is not at 100%
Message 3 of 8 (830 Views)

Hi, thanks for the report! One thing I can't verify right now is the specific wording on the Stun debuff - you say that it says the character "misses their turn." If this wording is in-game, then the verbiage should be updated, because that is not an accurate description.

Characters that are stunned still take a turn. A turn goes something like this:
1. Beginning of turn - any effects that trigger "at beginning of turn" happen now.
2. Main phase - this is the part where your character gets an opportunity to use a skill.
3. End of turn - this is the last part of the turn, where "end of turn" effects trigger. Each of the character's skill cooldowns decreases by 1. Any effects (buffs or debuffs) that expire at the end of turn will now expire.

The way stun works - nothing happens at beginning of turn. The character is stunned, so does not get an opportunity to take an action during its "main phase." Then the "end of turn" occurs, the character's cooldowns are reduced, stun is removed, turn meter bar is reset to 0, and then play proceeds to the next character's turn.

The interaction with Traya's unique means that at the beginning of that character's turn, Traya removed the stun and deals 5% damage to that character. Then when the character reaches its main phase, it is no longer stunned, so can take an action like normally.

This is different to immunity to stun in several key ways:
Immunity to stun means they will never be stunned. A stunned Count Dooku will not counterattack when he takes damage. The Sith that should have been stunned would not lose 5% health from the stun debuff being cleared. Most importantly - if you kill Traya before the stunned character gets a turn, that character will stay stunned. If it were immune to stun, it would have never been stunned in the first place.

So Traya's zeta providing stun immunity to all Sith would be considerably stronger than its current effects.

@CG_MindTricks I believe that @Daronk77 had identified a bug in the in game description of Stun. 

stun says: "turn will be missed." 

that is an oversimplification tha can lead to confusion. 

★ Novice

Yeah there it is. My issue was with how the two skills are interacting based on the descriptions. For me, I’m currently using a team that doesn’t get of the secondary benefits of stun, and only really benefits from the primary, takes no action component. And since I was seeing stun described as above, I was confused.

thanks for posting the pic.

Message 6 of 8 (777 Views)

Absolutely. Thanks for pointing out the confusion due to the description in-game! Hopefully we've helped you understand the intended interaction between stuns and Traya's unique, and hopefully the description will be updated to reduce confusion for future players!

Community Manager (retired)
Submitted a suggestion to see if we can get a clearer in battle description of Stun. Thanks.
Message 8 of 8 (735 Views)