Re: Traits not being updated in relationship panel

by crinrict

Original Post

Traits not being updated in relationship panel

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, City living, Seasons, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe change the traits of a sim in CAS and check the relationship panel of another sim to see if the traits have updated.
What happens when the bug occurs? Two sims. Male and Female. If I go over the male Sim image in the relationship panel of the female sim, it shows the wrong traits. At the beginning the male Sim had a custom trait and the female one couldn't figure it out when doing the interaction 'get to know'. So, I edited the guy in CAS and gave him normal in-game traits (Jealous, Active, Music lover). However, the female sim has him registered with the wrong traits (Evil, Romantic, Music lover) which are all traits he had a reaaally long time ago. No matter how many times i select 'get to know' nothing changes and it's starting to get kind of annoying :') P.s. I already searched the internet about this issue but still could not find a proper answer. pls help :')
What do you expect to see? The right traits in the relationship panel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed all of the custom traits and nothing changed.

I did not attach any pictures since I was having some trouble while at it, I hope you can still understand what i mean from my explanation.

Message 1 of 7 (1,040 Views)

Hero
@Andrairis03 Did you try removing all mods/cc and then doing the get to know again ?

Sounds like this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Relationship-trait-bug-wrong-traits-showing-in...

The user was able to get rid of them that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (986 Views)

★ Novice

yes, I've already tried everything but nothing worked. A few things i can add are that every time I entered the game or went into CAS and back, the traits in the relationship panel kept changing but there were always two right and one wrong trait (Ex. Jealous, Active, Evil......or Music lover, Jealous, Romantic). And also, when cc were disabled or removed from the folder, it showed that the two sims were not best friends and there was the option 'become best friends', although they already ARE bff….when I added the cc back into the game it showed they were bff again. One last thing, I wanted them to be soulmates and to achieve that I believe you have to have both friendship and romance max, to be best friends and also to know each others traits. However, they never went up to soulmates and i don't know why since they have all the relationship requirements...even if the traits of the male sim are wrong. 

I don't know what to do anymore, if nothing works out tho, I can still clone the two sims in CAS and use cheats to recover the relationship points. I know this works since i already tried but I still wanted to ask for help since it's kind of weird for me to play normally thinking that those are not the same sims as before but some sort of clones haha. It may sound weird but that really bothers me. Anyways thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 7 (938 Views)

Hero

HI @Andrairis03 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (919 Views)

Hero
@Andrairis03 Could you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (875 Views)

Hero
@Andrairis03 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem. I changed the traits of my sim with the retraiting potion. The traits en behavior of my sim are changed. His family still show the old trait in the relationship panel. When I try get to know, nothing happens. I don't use mods. I have all the packs. My game is up to date and repaired.

Message 7 of 7 (725 Views)