by Csabuszkah

Original Post

[UNSURE] Traits doesn't have associated Wants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, excpet Journey to Batuu and any of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose any of these traits for your sim: Freegan, Green Fiend, Dog lover, Cat lover, Adventurous, Animal lover, Maker, Recycle disciple.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim won't get any Want based of these traits.
What do you expect to see? I want to see sims getting Wants based of these traits. For example, I want to see Dog/Cat lover sims get Wants like: Adopt a dog/cat, pet a dog/cat, teach a trick, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Hi! It's me again.

So normally sims get Wants based off their traits. However I noticed that sims won't get any Wants based of those traits I listed above. I tried everything: Repair with Origin, changing my sims traits to another and back, literally playing for hours, I even used the new Want Refresher potion from the reward store and unfortunately none of these helped Frown

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title,

Message 1 of 9 (2,247 Views)

Re: Traits doesn't have associated Wants

Champion

Pretty sure this is intended, unfortunately - wants are just whims, but with all past pack compatibility removed (also removed ability to dismiss). Pretty sure all those traits you listed are from packs, not base game; therefore, they are no longer part of the whims/wants system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 9 (2,083 Views)

★★ Guide
@Csabuszkah Unfortunately it seems like this is a feature, not a bug 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♀️🤯
Message 3 of 9 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah - its not a bug, I would have posted it on feedback but I totally agree. I ended up turning off wants and fears because they were so generic and repetitive. Definetly need more trait based, also some sims than get over a fear shouldnt get the same fear again.. It was very annoying having the same stuff over and over and over again.

Message 4 of 9 (1,289 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree. To me this is another feature that actually has quite a bit of potential if it would be complete, including ALL traits and wants related to all packs, and if some minor bugs were fixed.

Message 5 of 9 (1,269 Views)

★ Guide

I really think they should have included traits from other packs too and not just base game traits when they introduced wants and fears. It is such a shame and a reason I stopped playing for 1,5 years. Still angry about how traits that I paid for got nothing.

Message 6 of 9 (739 Views)

★★ Guide
@kukkahilla Yeah, it’s really stupid… they want us to buy more packs to get more traits, but then those traits don’t do much? Makes no sense to me.
Message 7 of 9 (654 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Traits doesn't have associated Wants

★ Guide

This still is the most annoying part of wants and fears feature: no pre-High School Years DLC content wants and fears have been added after all that time. Like seriously, I've made a whole thread on The Sims Forums suggesting new fears.

There are some of these pre-High School Years wants, converted from whims. For example: performing tricks on the water slide, listening to DJ booth music, getting struck by lightning, restoring murals etc. Yet, there are simply too few of them to be noticeable (at least it isn't constant whim to buy a bee box because of the current season).

Still, way too few. Leaving the following traits without that wants attention:

• Squeamish
  • Dance Machine
  • Insider
  • Unflirty
  • Cat Lover
  • Dog Lover
  • Paranoid
  • Self-Absorbed
  • Child of the Islands
  • Child of the Ocean
  • Maker
  • Recycle Disciple
  • Green Fiend
  • Freegan
  • Adventurous
  • Proper
  • Lactose Intolerant
  • Animal Enthusiast
  • High Maintenance

Not to mention aspirations too (these should affect the wants too)...

Message 8 of 9 (586 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Traits doesn't have associated Wants

★★ Guide

if it's by design, it's an odd decision, but then again it seems like wants have dwindled in popularity.

Maybe that is because they are all basegame 

Message 9 of 9 (568 Views)