Re: Training in the Force (Second Combat Style) Mission Bugged

by Neostarchild

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Training in the Force (Second Combat Style) Mission Bugged

★★★ Newbie

I'm unable to complete the "Training in the Force" mission to unlock my second combat style. Everytime I launch the mission, it plays the first cutscene, then the Reflection in the Force NPC pops up on the little bridge. I try to talk to him, it just replays the same initial cutscene, then pops me on the bridge again. It's an endless loop and never progresses the quest/mission itself. There's also two of the same NPC overlapping each other, it's really strange. I attached a screenshot of it.

Any suggestions/fixes/help is appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (4,245 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

Hey there! If you aren't a subscriber, that might be the root of your issue here as only subscribers can pick a second combat style. If you're a subscriber and pick a second combat style and your subscription later lapses, you will be stuck in the combat style you were specialized into when your subscription lapsed until you decide to subscribe again.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (3,913 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Any fix for this yet?

Message 2 of 6 (4,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still no fix?

Message 3 of 6 (3,953 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Are you F2P, Preferred, or Active sub?  First 2 options won't work.  I've been helping a preferred friend with same issue.  If you're a sub then there's a bigger issue,  sigh.

Message 4 of 6 (3,931 Views)

Champion

Hey there! If you aren't a subscriber, that might be the root of your issue here as only subscribers can pick a second combat style. If you're a subscriber and pick a second combat style and your subscription later lapses, you will be stuck in the combat style you were specialized into when your subscription lapsed until you decide to subscribe again.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (3,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had a level 70 token, and thought I would use it to get up to speed with a new group.  I have the same issue.  Two NPCs generate and I keep looping through the initial cut sceen.  I have heard that this might be an issue between perferred customer and subsucriber accounts.  I have preferred status at the moment. Laptop is only about a year old with a 3070 Nvida, 32megs of ram, AMD processor. 

Message 6 of 6 (3,326 Views)

Check out the current server status for Star Wars™ : The Old Republic™.

View More

Bug Reports

Found a bug in-game? Let us know! If you are a Subscriber and in-game, you can type /bug. Or head over and post on the Bug Report Forums.

View More

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help