Re: Too Many Asexual Townies

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Townies with no Sexual Orientation at all.

★★★★ Apprentice
@Julerra Unfortunatily I don't know, I have around 5 mods: WonderfulWhims, Mc Command Center, Meaningful Stories, Fitness Controls, "Personality Please!" and quite a few simulation lag related mods.
Message 11 of 57 (4,825 Views)

Re: Townies with no Sexual Orientation at all.

★★★★ Apprentice
@g0unevvezcv9 Im sorry I can't help, I deleted the localthumbcache file as @crinrict told me and it worked for me (im on PC).
Message 12 of 57 (4,818 Views)

Too Many Asexual Townies

★★★★ Novice

I made a single sim after the update.  She wanted to fall in love.  She met 22 sims male and female.  Out of those 20 identified as asexual.  They were not interested in romance or woohoo relationships with anyone.  While I support the changes to the game, this is not realistic and makes it almost impossible to create a single sim and get them married.  Please help!

Message 13 of 57 (4,845 Views)

★ Apprentice

thought it was just me lol ... was trying do 100 baby and woozers ... so I have been literally going through every single sim in game homeless,npc and oplayed and adjusting this section ...

Message 14 of 57 (4,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I thought it was just me.  I looked through posts and comment sections and didn't see anyone commenting on it.  My sim settled on a bi-sexual married man.  I couldn't find any single men who liked women (or men for that matter).  I hope they balance this out soon.

Message 15 of 57 (4,798 Views)

Hero
@JustaMomThatsims I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please click me too in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 57 (4,778 Views)

Randomly generated townies are all Aromantic and many are also Asexual

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except HS years, all game packs except batuu wedding stories and werewolves, and like half the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Flirt with townies or check sexuality in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the randomly generated townies are Aromantic and most seem to be Asexual
What do you expect to see? a very small percentage of aromantic and asexual sims it is not very fun to not be able to find any randomly generated sims for my sim to date.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have this problem with my recently created save game. I normally like to find randomly generated townies for my sim to date by going to bars or community lots within the world I am living in, however now every townie I talk to is aromantic and most are asexual too.

I talked to 4 randomly generated sims and found they were all ace/aro then because that seemed like waay too many to be a coincidence I started checking CAS and every sim I knew was a randomly generated townie was aromantic and most were also asexual.  

Out of a sampling of 10 townie sims that I checked in CAS were 4 aro and 6 were aro/ace. I want to respect the townie sims sexual preference but this is a bit much lol.

My sim is pansexual and I am just looking at randomly generated townie sims in strangerville.

Message 17 of 57 (4,702 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Townies with no Sexual Orientation at all

★★★ Guide

I really, really want to enjoy the game, but it's almost impossible and makes me more frustrated with each day. I just started a new save and wanted my Sim to find a partner and ran into this bug.

I checked the townies: of the single-Sim households ALMOST ALL have zero romantic and sexual interests and are set to not explore. I found only two that are both aromantic but interested in woohoo with everyone.

The couples that have been generated have fitting orientations, but for example a teenage son of one of these couples is also set to aro/ace/not exploring.

So it's basically impossible to find a partner for my Sim (unless by breaking up one of the couples...).

And yes, I know I can go to CAS and adjust the settings. But that should not be needed and would make the feature basically useless. I like it that not every Sim is interested in my Sim, but these settings just don't make sense and have to be fixed!

Message 18 of 57 (4,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I looked into the tuning files (I'm kind of sick of this post introduction by now, it should not be necessary for me to figure out the bugs that EA introduces) and found the following in: 03B33DDF!00000000!D71B613E3D5BCCE5.sims.global_gender_preference_tuning.Tuning.xml

There is ENABLED_AUTOGENERATION_SAME_SEX_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS which is defined as "An alternative weightings list for the weighted random choice of sexual preference after a romantic same-sex relationship has been kindled." which is tuned to:

<L n="ENABLED_AUTOGENERATION_SAME_SEX_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS">
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">LIKES_NEITHER</E>
<T n="weight">5</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">HETEROSEXUAL</E>
<T n="weight">40</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">HOMOSEXUAL</E>
<T n="weight">10</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">BISEXUAL</E>
<T n="weight">5</T>
</U>
</L>

And then there is GENDER_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS which  is defined as "A weightings list for the weighted random choice of sexual preference." which is tuned to:

<L n="GENDER_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS">
<U>
<T n="weight">10</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">HETEROSEXUAL</E>
<T n="weight">0</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">HOMOSEXUAL</E>
<T n="weight">0</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="gender_preference">BISEXUAL</E>
<T n="weight">0</T>
</U>
</L>

That does not look right, does it?

I made a mod that changes the weight of GENDER_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS to the same weights that are defined in ENABLED_AUTOGENERATION_SAME_SEX_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS and guess what, my townies are now much more diverse!

Please, @crinrict point someone from EA to this post. This should be fixed.

EDIT

I do not believe that my mod solution is the way that EA intended this feature to work though, since the ENABLED_AUTOGENERATION_SAME_SEX_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS seems to only be used once the player has initiated a same sex relationship and thereby given the game the "permission" to generate LGBTQ+ townies. This is really weird in my opinion and kind of contradicts the statement from EA that the sexual orientation feature can not be turned off. I want diverse townies and I want them without having to "configure" the game this way by playing a same-sex couple.

But I assume that GENDER_PREFERENCE_WEIGHTS was intended to prioritize BISEXUAL but apparently sets almost everyone to LIKES_NEITHER instead.

Message 19 of 57 (4,619 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm seeing the same on PS5. In my case it's Savannah that don't have a sexual orientation. 

Message 20 of 57 (4,606 Views)