by CGrant56

Original Post

Townies running nude

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco lifestyle, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Parenthood, Vampires, Paranormal, Vampires, Tiny living, My first Pet stuff, vintage glamor, holiday celebration, grims guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Found Mostly in Willow Creek, Look for townies that are running by
What happens when the bug occurs? running sims outside of my household are running near the played household nude.
What do you expect to see? clothed sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 1 of 9 (1,421 Views)

Re: Townies running nude

Hero
@CamelliaHyacinth Do you have the Free Love NAP going on in your neighborhood or any lot types for clothing optional (that shouldn't affect the neighborhood but making sure that's not the case) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,368 Views)

★★ Novice

No to both, it's a pretty new save as well.

Message 3 of 9 (1,357 Views)

Hero

@CamelliaHyacinth 

Do the townies live in houses in any other zone or world in your game?  If they do, then that NAP may be active in their home zone.  Sometimes the behaviors caused by the NAPs in a sim's home zone will carry over when they visit other zones.  So you may need to check all the zones in all the worlds to see if you have it active anywhere and then you may have to play a household in that zone and repeal the Free Love NAP there before you can get it to stop.  

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 9 (1,345 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a townie named Brant Hecking in my screenshot I posted with my op (from cats and dogs)

I jumped into my game where he is standing there nude. I went to his house and played as his husband and opened up the NAPs there is no naps put in place at all. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CamelliaHyacinth 

Ok, so no NAPs active.  The only other thing I can think of that is in the game and not caused by a mod that would cause a sim to be naked on the street is streaking. That does happen occasionally but I've only seen it in Brichester in my game.  Streakers usually run though and Brant appears to be walking but where the pic is taken he is just about to cross the street and sims do slow to a walk to get over the curb on both sides then take off running again after they are across the street.  So that is a possibility.  And this might also be a one off thing and won't happen again too. 

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 9 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CamelliaHyacinth in addition to the remarks made by @crinrict and @CGrant56 did you also delete the file: localthumbcache.package from the folder: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? In this file there could be remnants of your former cc and mods. While you clearly removed your mods this localthumbcache.package file may still cause the problem. When deleted your game will automatically create a new 'fresh' localthumbcache file. It might help to get rid of this issue.

Hope this might be of some help.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 7 of 9 (1,290 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think sims can streak without university? 

I could be completely wrong

Message 8 of 9 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I am just having this problem, it started after the newest update, where EA can put in one hair piece instead of waiting for the bulk updates.
So I made a new sim and yesterday i saw 4 sims running naked in my neighborhood, most of them where sims from other packs and other neighborhoods. Today one of the booth attendants at the love festival was causing some..... Long looks Wink
I don't mind, its kinda fun to see them just walking around being proud of their bodies, but it is a little disturbing when they show up at a date your sim is having, looking them dead in the eyes :P

I cannot see any neighborhood changes anywhere, but I'm not sure if this is one of those "rare" bugs that only occur with a few people :/ Just thought The Sims Team wanted to know Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (1,099 Views)