Re: Tour of Duty: 2010 ( playercard background ) did you remove it?

by xXEMTXx

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue. 💀

Message 11 of 21 (901 Views)

Tour of Duty BF2 Bad Company Background Card gone from Background Card section

★ Guide

Product: Battlefield 2042
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Backgrounds
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? all of them?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.10.22
Summarize your bug You guys released 3 new BF Tour Of Duty Background Cards for portal BF titles, BF2 the one with the grenade smiley face background card is gone and disappeared from the backgrounds section and I was working on unlocking it as I wanted that card pretty bad. been over a month it seems now and still hasn't returned.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? bring the bf2 background card back so I can finish unlocking it and use it
What happens when the bug occurs? it is not there so I have no idea where ity went but the other BF3 and 1942 Background cards are still there
What should be happening instead? the BF2 bad company background card should still be allowing me to unlock it and show up in the background menu

You guys released 3 new BF Tour of duty Background Cards for portal BF titles, BF2 the one with the grenade smiley face background card is gone and disappeared from the backgrounds section and I was working on unlocking it as I wanted that card pretty bad. been over a month it seems now and still hasn't returned.Is this just certain people or everyone? will this be readded/fixed? any news?

Message 12 of 21 (668 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic wrote:
@Sleezray@ADIDASpezial@Nakwenda93Thanks, I have sent on to the team.

/Atic

Sorry for reminder, but still waiting for the "Tour of Duty: 2010" player card to come back 🙄 ...can't be this difficult to fix this 😉

Message 13 of 21 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure that is a bug at this point. A guy on Reddit pointed It was probably removed because of copyright issues with The Smiley Company and I'm starting to think that is the real reason. 

Maybe @EA_Atic  could confirm if it is a bug or if it was intentionally removed.

Message 14 of 21 (653 Views)

★ Guide
@Nakwenda93 But they have the smiley logo on the grenades in game for BF2 bad company portal, why would that be any different on a background card in game?
Message 15 of 21 (630 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Nakwenda93 wrote:

Not sure that is a bug at this point. A guy on Reddit pointed It was probably removed because of copyright issues with The Smiley Company and I'm starting to think that is the real reason. 

Maybe @EA_Atic  could confirm if it is a bug or if it was intentionally removed.

Good point 👍 I also thought already about intentional removal, but couldn't imagine any reason. Maybe copyright issues then are the reason.

@darkelement48 wrote:
@Nakwenda93But they have the smiley logo on the grenades in game for BF2 bad company portal, why would that be any different on a background card in game?

Copyrights are moving, perhaps an other company is holding the license for smilies, now. So while they have one for Bad Company 2, maybe not for BF2042.
Unfortunately a player card without smiley grenade would mean nothing to me 😥

Message 16 of 21 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BavEagleI figure even with BC2 in portal it still is in BF2042 game so I'd think different game already applies but who knows with copyright non sense, would be nice if they brought the background card back even without smiley but would be much better with smiley as that is the most iconic thing about BC2 imo and while we are on it can we get a smiley charm for our guns? Maybe smiley Icon for vehicles. I'd even take a smiley mask on Dozer Lol.

Message 17 of 21 (562 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@darkelement48 wrote:

@BavEagleI but would be much better with smiley as that is the most iconic thing about BC2 imo and while we are on it can we get a smiley charm for our guns? Maybe smiley Icon for vehicles. I'd even take a smiley mask on Dozer Lol.

Yep, this player card is much better with the so well-known most iconic BC2 thing 👍

And can't tell you, how much I love your additional ideas 😃 you should be part of the development and I can imagine, smiley charm and vehicle icon would be the first items, I would even pay for ...maybe 😉

Message 18 of 21 (551 Views)

EA DICE Team

The card is back into the game. 

image.png

/Atic 

Message 19 of 21 (1,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Atic. Card is back into the game despite of the different Smiley, but the tasks are not counting. I play on PC. 

Message 20 of 21 (441 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help