★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? EZQFERG
Date/time issue occurred 10/25/2019
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Online head to head
Summarize your bug At kickoff, I kick the ball in the end zone. A player runs out of the side of the end zone and ball is placed on the 35 yard line instead of the 25 yard line. This happens when the ball is kicked to an area that is close to out of bounds, but it is clearly not out of bounds. I haven't seen this error occur at the back of the end zone. It's only the sides when the player is catching and runs immediately out of bounds afterwards.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and kick the ball near the edge of the out of bounds (usually in a stadium with wind) in the end zone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ball is placed on 35 yard line and not correctly on the 25 yard line.
What do you expect to see? Ball put on the 25 yard line per regulation.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

At kickoff, I kick the ball in the end zone. A player runs out of the side of the end zone and ball is placed on the 35 yard line instead of the 25 yard line. This happens when the ball is kicked to an area that is close to out of bounds, but it is clearly not out of bounds. I haven't seen this error occur at the back of the end zone. It's only the sides when the player is catching and runs immediately out of bounds afterwards.

Message 1 of 3 (2,065 Views)

Re: Touchback Error Ball to 35 Yard Line

★★ Novice

This is a common problem (for me) that also can happen on Interceptions and punts. The game switches who is on Offense properly but does not update spot of the ball.

In your example, you are the offense kicking from your own 35. The glitch happens, changes possession but keeps ball position as "Own 35".

I had an interception in the endzone with my opponent throwing in from my 30 yard line. I then had the ball at his 30 yard line...it's ridiculous

Message 2 of 3 (2,020 Views)

Re: Touchback Error Ball to 35 Yard Line

★★ Novice

This happened to me when the ball was kicked out of the back of the end zone in offline franchise mode. The opposing team started at the 35 yard line following the touchback rather then the 25 yard line.

Message 3 of 3 (1,951 Views)