Too many sacks given and taken in simulation mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug I turned up pass protection to 100 on both mine and cpu slider and still have a total of 12 combined sacks and not even done with the 4th quarter. How can we stop sacks? Using simulation mode, Way too many sacks given up by the offensive line and also way too many sacks taken by my defense. I played a whole season without controlling any player on offense or defense and let the CPU play and here are the numbers posted. My defense had a combined 94 sacks with 2 of the 4 starting defensive line being rookies. My QB was also sacked 90 times with a very good offensive line and picking "blitz counters" every week training.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a season with default sliders
What happens when the bug occurs? QB constantly sacked.
What do you expect to see? More realistic stats when using 'simulation mode'
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? staticmadden
Date/time issue occurred Sept 2017
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. None

Thanks for making the game more realistic! 

Message 1 of 3 (4,278 Views)

Re: Too many sacks given and taken in simulation mode

★★★ Newbie

Yeah my QB keeps getting sacked and if your QB has a low car rating, prepared to fumble a lot. My QB fumbled 5 times in one game. Haha.

It would be awesome if they fixed this. Crazy that adjusting the sliders didnt even make a difference. 

Message 2 of 3 (4,209 Views)

Re: Too many sacks given and taken in simulation mode

★ Novice
Same. Too many sacks even when simulated. I'm noticing this is mostly an issue of coverage sacks but at some point QB should run and that isnt happening. Or throw the ball away. Instead he just sits there and eats it. Definitely feels like a solvable bug to me.
Message 3 of 3 (3,934 Views)