[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Toddlers still getting 'festering grudge' after update?

by jules_are_us

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Toddlers still getting 'festering grudge' after update?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure exactly what makes it happen, I just know it's been a problem that was supposed to be fixed in the last update, but I'm seeing it occur after updating
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler has the "festering grudge" sentiment towards a parent—no idea where it came from.The toddler then gets the angry or tense moodlet when around that parent. I use the "discipline" feature of parenthood sometimes which does make their relationship go down a bit, but I don't see the sentiment appear right after that, and I know it's been a bug.
What do you expect to see? I just want my lil toddler to be happy Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Maybe Jesminder's toddler really just has a bone to pick with his mom, but I know this was a bug in the past, and the post on that says to start a new thread if we see the issue happening again! I had it happen several times before the update, and it seems like the exact same thing—random "festering grude" from toddler to parent.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (1,277 Views)

Re: Toddlers still getting "festering grudge" after update?

Hero
@jules_are_us Does it happen without any mods/cc ?

It probably won't go away if you remove your mods but the question is, do you get it again without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I can try it! Might have to play for a bit since I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I will update if I get it.
Message 3 of 13 (1,216 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I once got a "festering grudge" sentiment between twin toddlers... Because one refused hug from the other. I think trying for a hug is easiest way to earn this sentiment (it's hard for toddlers, especially when in anger they wreck the dollhouse if you don't pay close attention).

Message 4 of 13 (1,205 Views)

Hero
@jules_are_us Have you been able to solve this or are you still getting this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (1,169 Views)

★ Guide

The toddlers' grudge problem continues with me too even after the update. Frown

Message 6 of 13 (1,148 Views)

Champion
@RoseOfDecember are you sure it's a bug though? Before, it was a bug if they got a festering grudge for no reason. But, if they get upset for legit reasons and get a grudge, that doesn't seem like a bug to me.
Message 7 of 13 (1,147 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion
My Sim checks the baby, then he asks for affection, that heart that appears in his head, then the father or mother goes and hugs him, but he doesn't want it anymore, then it's already a reason for the baby to get inflamed resentment of the own father or mother.
If that's not a bug, my babies are all evil, 'cause whatever silly reason they get inflamed resentment of anyone.
Message 8 of 13 (1,088 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My toddler has a grudge towards her older sister. No idea what happened as I didn't see the interaction that caused the grudge. The cooldown timer just never decreases and it's forever at 2 hours. It's been at least 2 or 3 in-game days that this toddler has had the grudge.

I have all packs and kits, no CC, on PC.

Message 9 of 13 (1,065 Views)

Hero
@RoseOfDecember Is this on a new save from after the patch or on the same save that had issues before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,013 Views)