by bailz108

Original Post

Toddlers look nothing like parents

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Age a baby up to a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I age a baby to a toddler, whether it be automatic or manual, they look nothing like their parents. I’ve repeated it several times and it seems to be completely randomized.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should look like a combination of their parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Babies look nothing like their parents when the age up to toddlers. I’ve noticed, also, that if I play around with them in CAS and age them up to children, their appearance will once again change completely. It seems to be accompanied by the known bug that babies will have a very dark skin tone in the household tab when they are white, but I’m not sure that it’s related to this bug. I’ve included photos of the parents and their child.

Message 1 of 2 (1,601 Views)

Re: Toddlers look nothing like parents

★★★★ Novice

I find that toddlers have very few features to choose from, and when they age up into a child, then a teen, they can end up looking completely different. For example when people do the "breed out the weird" challenge the toddlers and children look fine, but then when they age up into a teen it's like OKAY there it is. I wish it was something that would be worked on/changed (I mean your nose shape doesn't CHANGE from toddlerhood to your teenage years IRL most of the time) but it seems to be an oversight (or a choice perhaps; I don't work for EA lol).

Message 2 of 2 (1,500 Views)