by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Toddlers keep resetting/Bassinet reappears

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batu and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim give birth, and age the baby to a toddler. Selling the bassinet is optional.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers reset randomly Bassinet re-appears, and toddler re-ages up from a baby All produce eaten by toddler gets scattered on the floor.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should only reset when I use the shift command or a cheat, and shouldn't go through the aging process again, or spit up the produce they've eaten throughout their life.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'll be playing the game, and all of a sudden the toddler will basically reset. When this happens, if there is no bassinet, one will appear in the same spot it was in before I sold it. The toddler basically re-ages up from a baby, back into a toddler, and the trait selection screen appears again. If the toddler ate any fresh fruit or veggies, all the produce they ate gets scattered around where they reset, and have to be picked back up. This happens randomly while playing, but it also happens if you reset the sim with shift commands. The glitch with the produce has been going on for a long time, and happened whenever the toddler was re-set, but the rest is fairly new, and has been happening for only about a year now.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 27 (5,060 Views)

Re: Toddlers keep resetting

Hero
@MatsuyoRific Does it happen without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (5,030 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Both with and without mods

Message 3 of 27 (5,012 Views)

Hero
@MatsuyoRific Do you have any lastException files in your doc folder you could share ?

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M172236 (under Additional info)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (4,994 Views)

Toddler keeps aging up

★★ Novice

Hi, I am currently playing the Sims 4 on an Xbox Series S. So, I’m kind of wondering if this might have something to do with backwards compatibility. I don’t know, I know nothing about that kind of thing. All I know is yesterday I started a legacy challenge, and since then have had 3 children with Father Winter. The first two were twins and everything was great. The third son, Reece, since aging up from a baby to a toddler, has aged up about 10 times I think. Not from a toddler to a child, but from a toddler to a toddler. It happens about every 4 minutes and everytime it does he does the weird animation of jumping out of the bassinet, except the bassinet isn’t there, it looks like he falls out of the sky. No matter where he is in the house he does the animation, and the bassinet respawns in the bedroom where it originally was. I’ve sold the bassinet several times already. I’ve read a few of the threads discussing this, from two years ago. The only one I can find that may have come under similar circumstances was a thread where the parents of the baby were not there to do the “teach to walk” animation. I will try to replicate it and get back. But other than that, from what I’ve found, nobody has found a solution.

Message 5 of 27 (5,004 Views)

Re: Toddler keeps aging up

Hero (Retired)

@Beth55467 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 6 of 27 (4,964 Views)

Hero
@MatsuyoRific Are you still having issues with this ? Do you have any lastExceptions ? FatherWinter babies ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (4,922 Views)

Baby keeps growing up

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything exept batoo and haloween stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From aging up a baby to todler
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby grows up a second time and the game spawns a crib were the crib used to be. Or in the case of the crib still being were it was. there is another crib under the one that was there.
What do you expect to see? Only a notice wen my baby actually ages up, and not every day after the aging up and spawning cribs. In my current save I have deleted 6 cribs already.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed it first wen I installed cottage living. I had no cc or mods installed then. And even tested the game without any cc and/or mods.

Don't think screenshots will clarify. Only thing I could show is a todler wich already grew up, and a message of the same todler aging up in screen. 

Message 8 of 27 (4,883 Views)

Re: Baby keeps growing up

★★★ Apprentice

I've had this before. Not a total fix, but I've found it helps if I don't do anything right after the toddler ages up, i.e., let the full interaction play with the parent helping the child walk, maybe even let the sims do a couple things autonomously, etc. I used to almost immediately shift-click the toddler to hop into CAS (before the aging up animation was done, even), and I'm not sure if that was the cause of the problem per se, but it seems to help if I hold off on that kind of thing.

Message 9 of 27 (4,834 Views)

Toddler age up Bug

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the Star Wars, Country Living, My First Pets Stuff, and none of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It usually happens went my sims have a lot of kids or a maxed household of all sims not pets.
What happens when the bug occurs? At any given time after the baby ages up into a toddler, it will continually rest the toddler back to the spot of the baby bassinet. It will do randomly and then for a short time after that the needs will just not move.
What do you expect to see? After the baby ages up into a toddler, it is not supposed to rest back to the OG place of the bassinet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can not show you any screenshots of the bug because my game will not stop crashing at random times as well. Hope this can be fixed and I have described it enough for you to figure out what I am talking about.

Message 10 of 27 (4,794 Views)