by Unfading_Soul

Original Post

[OPEN] Toddlers/Infants don't age up with cake

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Stangerville, Realm of Magic, Island Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Laundry Day Stuff, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try aging up a toddler with a birthdaycake.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddlers blow out the candles and then glitch to stand underneath the adult, not aging up.
What do you expect to see? That I can again age up my Sims using a cake.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the latest update to the game.

Tried adding a video, didn't work

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, split from fixed thread

Message 1 of 18 (3,823 Views)

Toddler resets after trying to age up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansions pack, all game packs except Star Wars and Strangerville, and do not own these stuff packs: moschino, my first pet, toddlers, fitness, bowling, kids room, cool kitchen, movie and spooky stuff. Do not own kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler blow out the candles to age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? After blowing out the candles the toddler and the other sim reset like nothing happened, even though the birthday party icon appears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the animation of a toddler aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

05-26-21_12-00-56 AM.png

I tried moving the cake, making a new one, etc.

Message 2 of 18 (3,888 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, All game packs minus Strangerville and Journey to Batuu, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour and Cool Kitchen stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?Try to age up toddler with a birthday cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler blows the candles and instantly teleports between the legs of a sim that was helping them. No birthday moodlets, just resets despite candles disappearing.
What do you expect to see? The toddler should have the aging up animation and age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This hasn't happened before July, there has been some patches since so I'm not sure which one could have done this.

Message 3 of 18 (3,969 Views)

Aging up seems to be broken again (toddler in my case)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP01, EP02, EP03, EP04, EP05, EP07, EP08 GP01, GP02, GP03, GP05, GP06 SP01 through SP13
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toddler won't age up since today's update
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to age up my toddler, they try to blow out candles, he warps to the legs of the parent that's holding him and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? He should do a little dance and age up.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. There was a small update through Origin today.

The bug from this topic seems to have reappeared.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Sim-doesn-t-age-up-by-blowing-out-candles/td-p/9716468/h...

Playing without any mods or scripts gives the same result.

Either his mom or dad holding him doesn't matter either.

An empty free table in a large room doesn't work either.

No matter what I've tried the toddler will blow out the candles, warp to the legs of the parent holding him and nothing more happens. He doesn't age.

Video here

https://youtu.be/lCNHpnuWl1U

[CM - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 4 of 18 (3,968 Views)

Toddlers don't age up on birthday

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Dine out, Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By pytting candles on the cake and choosing to age up toddler with the help of a parent.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to age up my toddler with the "Help blow out the candles" interaction, but there is a glitch and the toddler does not age up.
What do you expect to see? The toddler to age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After The last update to the game (November)

I've been having an issue since yesterday. My sims were having a birthday party, I aged up mom, and then I wanted to age up the toddler, but as soon as she blew out the candles, there was some kind of glitch, and she did not age up. 

I tried moving the cake to a different room, even outside with plenty of room to age up, I tried baking a new cake, but still the same thing happened, the animation glitched, the toddler appeared at the feet of the parent, and did not age up. I also tried to replace the lot with a Maxis build as was mentioned on AHQ, then I put my lot back, but same thing.

I want to add that I use a mod. I removed it, tried to age my toddler again, but same thing happened.

Here is a link to my save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H7fRg_aP0Tz_EsHFwx33mBJIqI4BxADr/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 18 (4,110 Views)

My toddler does not age when blowing out candles

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every time my toddler blows out the candles on the cake they do not age it's so annoying.

Message 6 of 18 (3,702 Views)

I am not able to age up toddler to a kid

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I have an adult help the toddler blow out candles on a birthday cake, my toddler won't age up. Halfway through blowing the candles out the adult holding the toddler glitches and my toddler is just standing on the floor again. I've tried many times putting the cake in different places or having a different sim hold the toddler, the same thing happens everytime. I play on pc, I have cc in the game but no other mods. How do I fix this?

Message 7 of 18 (3,442 Views)

Re: I am not able to age up toddler to a kid

Champion (Retired)

@47rmd5nqid51 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 18 (3,425 Views)

Re: I am not able to age up toddler to a kid

Hero
@47rmd5nqid51 There's still a known bug with toddlers aging up via cake.

Best to try without any cc though to make sure that's not it.

I've merged your post with the bug report for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (3,401 Views)

Toddler Won't Age

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to age up a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler shows "age up" in the queue, but then it just disappears and the toddler doesn't age up
What do you expect to see? Toddler aging up
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to age up a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers won't age up. "Age up" shows up in the queue, but then just disappears and the toddler doesn't age up
What do you expect to see? Toddler aging up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried to close the game and open it again, and it worked a few times, but now that doesn't work anymore.

Message 10 of 18 (2,824 Views)