Re: Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep unless picked up first

by kidhedera

Original Post

Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep unless picked up first

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a toddler bed and select 'Put to bed' or 'Read to sleep'
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to put my toddler to bed or read them to sleep by using the active sim to click on the toddler bed and select the 'put to bed' or 'read to sleep' actions. The sim gives a route fail bubble and drops the action.
What do you expect to see? The sim routes to the toddler, picks them up, and then routes to the bed and performs the 'put to bed' or 'read to sleep' action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The work around for this error is picking the toddler up first and then selecting the bed and selecting 'put [toddler name] to bed' or 'read [toddler name] to sleep'.

Message 1 of 8 (423 Views)

Hero
@kidhedera Did a short test for this and I had some weird routing issue when the bed was against the wall as the toddler tried to leave the bed through the walls .... Placing it somewhere else made it work fine though.-

DId you try multiple households ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have seen it in two households in two different saves. One household had 2 toddlers, the other had 1 toddler.
Message 3 of 8 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I moved to a new house and was able to put the toddlers to bed normally.

Message 4 of 8 (382 Views)

Hero
@kidhedera Could you upload the house you have issues with to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In my new house I'm having the issue you described where the toddler tries to get out of the bed on the wall side.

I've uploaded the house to my Gallery. ID is Kidhedera and the house is called 'Woodworth Manor'. Its tagged as having CC in it even though it should be CC free - I've played in it with my mods folder entirely removed.

Message 6 of 8 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kidhedera yeah, sounds similar to what I've seen on the save I've tested.

Do you have photos or paint by ref ? They seem to tag lots as cc again.

I'll check it out later today

EDIT: I tested the house and had no issues other that it does still not work if the bed is against the wall on the one long side. But since they sit there to read, it's kinda expected. Not sure if they can fix that without major redo.

Yours does seem a bit different as you say it works if you pick them up first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Since I'm no longer having any issues I'm not too concerned. If the problem crops up again I'll come back.
Message 8 of 8 (337 Views)