by mightyspritesims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Toddler eyes glitch

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Here is the gallery link https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DD734225A26A11EC84F8F7CA3216AB03?category=ho... Ji-Eun is the girl toddler. Have her babble in a happy or sad mood, or many other animations.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eyes appear scrambled in many animations.
What do you expect to see? Eyelids above and below the eye, eye in between eyelids.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What has happened to poor little Ji-Eun's eyes? eyes-glitch-1

This happens in many animations. She looks like this in CAS eyes-glitch-2

Here are her parents. Neither has this glitch (but I didn't know them as toddlers) eyes-glitch-3

eyes-glitch-4

I haven't changed anything about any of them in CAS except for hair and clothes.

I apologize, I can't figure out how to get the usual bug report template to come up. I have the following packs

Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms

Playing on a Mac

Game version 1.84.197.1230

The glitch happens in many animations for Ji-Eun, and happens 100% of the time in those animations for her. Not for the other toddlers in the same household. Ji-Eun does have narrower eyes than the others.

Message 1 of 9 (1,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddler eyes glitch

Ok, solved it with graphics settings. On the options menu you can set different settings for Sims, the environment, objects etc. I set Sims to be rendered at Medium instead of Low. The glitch only appears to exist on Low graphics settings for Sim rendering.

Thanks for your help though @JonaO703 it was your screenshot that got me thinking that maybe my graphics were the issue since yours are much nicer looking than mine Standard smile

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,232 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Template is being stupid. Could you please answer all the questions ? Just edit your post to include the missing ones. Thank you

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Also is this your Sim or a gallery one (or premade - don't remember them all). If it's your Sim, could you upload her to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,493 Views)

Thanks. FYI the template came up when I clicked "edit" on my post, so, cool.

This is a born-in-game sim.

The parents are Akira Kibo, a premade from City Living, and a random townie.

Message 3 of 9 (1,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mightyspritesims Hello!  I'm not seeing the issue in my game.  I tested with and without mods and placed the family several times on different lots.  Little Ji-Eun's eyes looked totally fine.

HappyToddlerBabble.png

Since you removed mods, perhaps try also deleting the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.  If you still see the glitch, you might also try opening a new game and placing the family on a lot directly from your library or your gallery share.  Please let us know if you're still seeing the glitch or not.

Edit: I thought I should also mention that even though the above screen grab shows the "happy babbling" interaction, she did have a number of other interactions and her eyes did not glitch during the testing.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 9 (1,367 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions @JonaO703 Standard smile Unfortunately no joy.

I deleted the localthumbcache, same behavior as before.

I started a new game and placed the family in Willow Creek. Same behavior as before.

I thought to try different hairstyles but no luck there either.

I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that I am playing in laptop mode? My laptop is 2 years old and not graphics-intensive.

Message 5 of 9 (1,311 Views)

Champion

@mightyspritesims  I'm no expert when it comes to graphics, but you might be onto something with laptop mode.  I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try disabling that just to see if there's a change. 

Can you tell us which laptop model you are using?  It might also be helpful to share the specifications.  I'm on PC but there are some Mac experts here who would benefit from knowing more about your system.

If the glitch just won't go away, I wonder if you could try changing her eyes to a different shape.  I don't like suggesting that since I'm sure you'd probably rather keep your beautiful toddler as she is.  Also, you would need to enable cheats in order to modify her in CAS and I don't know how you feel about that.  However, just looking at the image you shared, it's so jarring that I can see how it might make the game more enjoyable if changing the eye shape stopped the glitch.  Maybe as a last resort?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 9 (1,291 Views)

Here are the specifications @JonaO703  

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,4

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 8 GB

System Firmware Version: 1715.81.2.0.0 (iBridge: 19.16.10744.0.0,0)

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel

Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD

Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina

Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Connection Type: Internal

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled

Upgradeable Memory: No

BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0:

Size: 4 GB

Type: LPDDR3

Speed: 2133 MHz

Manufacturer: Samsung

BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0:

Size: 4 GB

Type: LPDDR3

Speed: 2133 MHz

Manufacturer: Samsung

Message 7 of 9 (1,250 Views)

OS is Big Sur 11.6.4

Message 8 of 9 (1,248 Views)

Ok, solved it with graphics settings. On the options menu you can set different settings for Sims, the environment, objects etc. I set Sims to be rendered at Medium instead of Low. The glitch only appears to exist on Low graphics settings for Sim rendering.

Thanks for your help though @JonaO703 it was your screenshot that got me thinking that maybe my graphics were the issue since yours are much nicer looking than mine Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (1,233 Views)