by matthew1112

Original Post

Toddler University Student

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load game with a toddler sim in household. May load with university info
What happens when the bug occurs? My toddler sim is treated as a University student. When my other son was off lot, I received notifications that he's attending classes and turning in homework.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers shouldn't have the ability to attend University or prompted for University related activities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just loaded a new household and my toddler sim has a university homework book in his inventory. I just got a notification that it's the start of term for him.

You can't select the career tab cos he's a toddler but just I hovered over it and it says he attends the University of Britechester and his degree is Biology.

No Sims in my household attend university and no one has applied, I JUST created and placed them.

(If a toddler can get into uni without applying what am I doing wrong lmao)

Message 1 of 7 (1,173 Views)

Re: Toddler University Student

Hero
@DyingCosKpop Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,156 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry, yeah I'm on mobile. I've updated, completely forgot thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 7 (1,149 Views)

Hero
@DyingCosKpop did you create the family or is this a premade one or get from the gallery ?

At what point did you remove your mods ? Before this happened or after ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,146 Views)

★ Novice

I created the family myself and I removed my mods prior to the 17 November update. I've created and played other households that have toddlers prior to this one, still after that patch update.

The only mods I had installed then were for lighting and a few custom food mods so I wouldn't think any would interfere like other scripting would.

Message 5 of 7 (1,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Deleted the save file and tried again.

Seems like my child sim was faced with the same bug. Looks like they are deteched as still been a school student but its also applying them as a university student. For me sims also seem to be going to school on a night time instead of the day. It could be possible my sim had this as a toddler and still has it now they are a child. Im not certain on this one.

Im wondering if this bug could be another related issue to the school uniform bug and the education system has some how got messed up along the way. While both bugs are different they are linked to education.  

Message 6 of 7 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@DyingCosKpop I had the same problem except I used cheats to make my toddler a university student out of curiosity. I didn't mind until she became a child and didn't go to elementary school and her grades became F's.
The only solution I could find was to use cheats to age her up to an adult, have her drop out of university, and then age her back down to a child (still using cheats). I also had to use cheats to get her skills back, since when I aged her back down she no longer had her skills from before.
Message 7 of 7 (695 Views)