Titanfall 2 Xbox One Streaming Problems

by XYLAMIC

Original Post

Titanfall 2 Xbox One Streaming Problems

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug When using Xbox One streaming to a PC, the game shows significant amounts of stutter to the point where it is near unplayable. It is specific to this game and I went through all standard resolution steps with Xbox Support to verify it was a game bug (not system or network). I was playing the campaign mode only.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stream to a PC either LAN or wireless.
What happens when the bug occurs? Very consistent occurrence when playing.
What do you expect to see? Sections where both audio and video will stop or stutter for 1-5s at a time.

This is a continuous occurrence that only occurs in this game. Even Titanfall 1 works fine.

Message 1 of 3 (1,533 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 Xbox One Streaming Problems

★★★★★ Newbie

Xylamic did you ever solve this?  I'm having the same problem.  Been ripping my hair out trying to solve it, and finally considered the possibility that it's TF2 that is the problem (not my LAN).  Sure enough all other games stream just fine. 

Normally my home office LAN has a couple servers, a couple of CCTV streaming devices, and a few PCs.

But I've tried reducing it to nothing more than my laptop (HP Elitebook 840g2, Intel I7, 16gb RAM, SSD, Gigabit ethernet), my Netgear JGS524 (24 port gigabit switch), the Xbox, and my router (Asus RT-AC66U) - _nothing_ wireless.

Even ran fresh Cat6 to the xbox and put a wall plate - just to play TF2 from my garage Standard smile

But alas, no-can-do.  Real bummed out!

Streaming works with the couple of other games I've tried, and the streaming test inside the xbox app says it can handle "Very High Quality" but low quality is the only quality I can SOMETIMES play with.  On a good day...

Message 2 of 3 (1,200 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 Xbox One Streaming Problems

★★★ Newbie

No, never found a solution. I did find that there are a couple other games that have the same problem on Xbox though (e.g. Dishonored 2 does it, although not nearly as bad). I reported it to Xbox as well and they had me go through a few steps, but ultimately didn't help either.

To tell you the truth, I ended up switching to PS4 because the streaming is flawless.

Message 3 of 3 (1,193 Views)