by Tigerlily_SS

Original Post

Time/season/weather doesn't match

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by checking the season and weather on the bottom of the screen
What happens when the bug occurs? the weather seems not right or match the season, it's like "one season late" than the real season. For example, it's "super hot" for the fall, and "warm- cool" for the winter....did i make sense? i think that might caused by ive used some time cheating..but i stopped using it as soon as i found this issue. I also tried the season/climate machine to adjust the weather, it still didn't work well (still one season late). SO PLZ HELP, is there anyway beside start a new game to adjust the weather or time?
What do you expect to see? is there anyway beside start a new game to adjust the weather or time?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

the weather seems not right or match the season, it's like "one season late" than the real season. For example, it's "super hot" for the fall, and "warm- cool" for the winter....did i make sense? i think that might caused by ive used some time cheating..but i stopped using it as soon as i found this issue. I also tried the season/climate machine to adjust the weather, it still didn't work well (still one season late). SO PLZ HELP, is there anyway beside start a new game to adjust the weather or time?

Message 1 of 9 (766 Views)

Re: Time/season/weather doesn't match

Hero
Did you also try without any mods ? It does sound like introduced by a mod or the cheating. Not sure how you can get it back to normal.
Maybe it will rectify itself once you play through a whole cycle the seasons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (758 Views)

★★★★ Guide
If you are playing Oasis Springs, its normal for it to be super hot in the fall and Summer go from warm to cool. Also make sure non of your households have the weather machine active, because if they have a whether machine it effects the whole world, weather and that won't match the weather on the calendar.

Also if you are playing Strangervillie when story mode is active, it is always warm and hot there, even in winter.
Message 3 of 9 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's cool-warm for the summer, hot for the fall, and then cool for the winter...so looks like weather is one season behind

Message 4 of 9 (716 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I think I've seen this as well. I noticed this when I looked at the weather UI and saw that it was a "really hot" day during the fall. Unfortunately, I can't provide too much because it's in my modded save as well.
Perhaps global warming has finally hit the Sims. :O lol
Message 5 of 9 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice

startup of a new game might help...i can try later and then ill report the result here

Message 6 of 9 (664 Views)

Hero
Would def. good to know if it's related to that save you cheated or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (656 Views)

Hero

Let me know when you had a chance to test this further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (612 Views)

Hero
@Tigerlily_SS Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (571 Views)