Time not working after sims go to sleep

by Hi_its_Nobody

Original Post

Time not working after sims go to sleep

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send your sim to sleep and have the time go into sleep speed.
What happens when the bug occurs? It looks like everything is going fine but then it slows down and just breaks up and stuff.
What do you expect to see? The time to continue into sleep mode until a sim wakes up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think EA said that they fixed this but the bug still happens for me.

Message 1 of 7 (488 Views)

Re: Time not working after sims go to sleep

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you talking about time jumps ? Are your Sims living in an apartment or house ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (474 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I assume this is happening in an apartment as it sounds like the known time skipping about issue. However, I have also had it rarely happen in normal neighbourhoods. (Albeit very very rare, inconsistent and hard to reproduce, unlike in apartments)

Message 3 of 7 (457 Views)

★ Guide

issue is happening in both houses and apartments and yes, time jumps. =)

Message 4 of 7 (454 Views)

★ Guide

Here is the DxDiag.

Message 5 of 7 (451 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Does the issue still happen in houses if you take all mods and CC out of your game and then try a new save? (If it is always happening in houses for you)

Apartments have already been noted as problematic after sims go to sleep without any mods/CC potentially causing it.

Message 6 of 7 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You only seem to have a graphics chip in your computer. That could be an issue. Also your drivers are from Feb. Could you check if there are newer ones ?

What settings are you playing on ?

And yes, as @Hroun_88 said, I will need you to remove all your mods, clear your caches and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (446 Views)