Time freezing & Resetting

by proffzetmedz

Original Post

Re: "Elastic" Time/Sims Stuck in Loop

★★ Novice

Hi!

I used to have the same issue. Somewhere I read that this can be caused if someone in the world has a lot of stuffs in his/her inventory. It was the first time that I had played 2 households in one game (world). This 'time/sims stucking in loop' stared after creating the second household. After a few hours of game play I got really fustrated of this bug, and started to search for a solution on the web. I found this "too much objects in the inventory" explanation in a similar BUG thread  and since the first household has gardener sims, I thought I can give it a try. I started to play with that household, sold a lots of fruit and vegetables from the inventory, saved the game and changed back to the second household. And this freezing issue disapeared!

Btw this looping/freezing phenomenon never occured while I was playing with the first (gardener) household. Not even when I had lot more objects in the personal inventories.

I hope this helps to solve temporarily the issue for the players and might help in the debugging as well. :womanwink:

Message 81 of 478 (1,013 Views)

Time is not working right : Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

The time in my game is not working right. I'll press pause but the clock with continue to move forward with my sim standing still on one place.Then after a few sims hours the time stops and resets back. So I don't miss anything but it is incredibly annoying that I can't pause or fast forward.

HELP!f

Message 82 of 478 (1,119 Views)

Re: Time is not working right : Sims 4

Hero

@alyssanolte Merged. Does your sim have tons if stuff in their inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 478 (1,115 Views)

game play issues

★★★ Novice

So every 5-10 minutes of playing, my sims stop moving but time continues to go on. While it is doing this i can't click on any interactions or pause the game. It's like the game kind of "resets" itself because the time eventually  jumps back to where it started doing this so i don't loose any time but it is quite annoying. I have a video recorded of it but i don't know how to upload it along with this. 

Message 84 of 478 (1,100 Views)

Re: game play issues

Hero

@mwaznbabigirl128 Merged your thread with existing bug report on the issue. Does your Sim have lot of stuff in their inventory ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 478 (1,267 Views)

Re: "Elastic" Time/Sims Stuck in Loop

★★★★★ Novice

YES! Thank you soooooo much Marslakoo, cleaning the inventories of my played sims fixed the issue for me too! Hope this information gives EA some tools to fix the issue soon for everybody Standard smile 

Message 86 of 478 (995 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem. My sims doesn't have anything in their inventory except two books...

Message 87 of 478 (1,251 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem. My sim did have a quite a few things in her inventory so I cleaned up her inventory considerably, did a save as, and could, again, immediately reproduce the same time freeze issue.

Message 88 of 478 (1,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the problem.   It happens so frequently that my game is pretty unplayable.  Was hoping this latest update would fix it, but it worse than ever.  I noticed it more after installing the outdoor retreat.  It's making me so angry!

Message 89 of 478 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will try the deleting inventories and see if that helps any.

Message 90 of 478 (1,201 Views)