Time freezing & Resetting

by proffzetmedz

Original Post

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

★★★★ Novice

It hasn't been fixed. I still have the problem.

Message 71 of 478 (1,556 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this glitch to, but only happens every now and again.

- I'm using no Custom Content or Mods

- Notcied that it happens at 12pm until 2am Sims freeze, no actions available then at 2am time resets back to 12pm

Possible Reasons as it only started happening after the following.

I just added families to all empty lots.

I started to play rotationally

Downloaded SIms from Gallery

Seems like the game could be culling inactive Sims, fixing routing or there is an issue with career times conflicting?

Message 72 of 478 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks now.  I happens at random sim times for me and also happens at any speed.  When it is bad it will freeze real time for 1 - 2 minutes.  I noticed that for me, this began to occur after I filled my neighbourhood with lots from the Gallery.  Some of these lots had had the moveobjects cheat used to build them, and some of them are very intricate with a lot of objects on the lot.  i don't know if this has anything to do with it.  Another Simmer with this problem said that they hadn't added any new lots to their neighbourhods.

Message 73 of 478 (1,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Over in the Sims Forum, luthienrising asked if the householf has a large inventory.  So this got me thinking.  The current household I am playing doesn't have a large inventory, however, that one household that I was playing that I didn't have an issue with did.  She was a gardener, and also used to brew herbal remedies.  Some of the things in her inventory we 100+, so I decided to keep one of everything and sell the rest of.  Well, I must've had thousands of plants, because as I am selling them off, I am getting $50,000, $80,000, $25,000 etc.  Her household funds ended up being $420,000 by the time I finished!  So I have swapped back to the current household, played that household for 2 Sim days, and the problem appears to be gone. Thank goodness!   I don't know whether it will fix the issue for everyone, but it seems to have for me. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 74 of 478 (1,686 Views)

Hero

Interesting. Thanks for that info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 478 (1,673 Views)

Bug? Game freezes, time does not stop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The game freezes afte the latest update.

Camera controlls work, sims are moving (doing what they are supposed to but cannot move out of the spot they are on), time does not stop, pause and game spees does not respond. 

While working on skills (homework, guitar etc.) the skillbar move. Arrangements (the time) continues. 

After a little while, 1-5 sim hours, they start moving again and the time skips back to where it froze. But skills are a bit higher, and the arrangement is finished. 

Message 76 of 478 (1,653 Views)

Re: Bug? Game freezes, time does not stop

Hero

@lingx_86 Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 478 (1,648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I do not have a big household, not moved in anyone og anything for the gallery. I think it started after the latest update. I also installed the new gamepack at the same time. After that I've repaired the game, and unsinstalled/installed it. Happens in every household. Possibly wore afte I completed the plant and fish collection. 

I really hope there will be a solution to this soon.. It's getting really annoying.. 

Thank you for merging Standard smile 

Message 78 of 478 (1,631 Views)

Hero

AFAIK this issue should be under investigation by EA, so the more info you put in this thread, the better Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 478 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

That's it! Thank you very much, Alisianna_01! I deleted the inventory of every sim in every household (except the children's homework) and since then the problem seems to be gone. I played for 2 hours (real time) and never had the problem again. Now it should be easy for EA to finally fix this bug!!! Of course, it should be possible that the sims have some inventory!

P.S.: None of my sims had more than 100 of any object in his/ her inventory. I think it simply was the sum of all the objects in the inventories together.

Message 80 of 478 (1,594 Views)