Time freezing & Resetting

by proffzetmedz

Original Post

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

★ Guide
It happens mostly when you switch to another family.
Message 51 of 478 (1,481 Views)

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

Hero

OK. Thank. I probably have time on the weekend

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 478 (1,471 Views)

Triple Time Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time I speed up my gameplay in triple (and once double) time then revert to standard timing the triple speed continues, including when I pause it.  In other words I completely loose control over the timing.  

The only way I have found to stop it is by saving the game but this then reverts to the time I bug (I assume) began which means I can loose lots of time, and skills decrease.  For example if I speed up while my sim is playing chess at 15.00 and try to pause at 17.00 when my sim's logic has increased, the time just continues at the faster speed regardless of which setting I choose, it also doesn't let me click on any other object to queue tasks for my sim, if I save the timing goes back to say 15.30, I loose the logic point but can click everything again.  This happens in all speed ups, including when sims go to work.

Is there any simple way to fix this?

Thanks Standard smile 

(p.s. not using any mods, no custom content, has duplicated in other games (started when I moved one sim out of a larger household if that helps?), OS is windows 8 and I'm using a download of the game.)

Message 53 of 478 (1,424 Views)

Re: Triple Time Bug

Hero

@BellaTempler Merged your thread with existing issue. Not sure there was ever a solution found to this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 478 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Crinrict, you said one page one of this thread "It could be any number of programs interfering and if you're not willing to share your specs that's fine but I won't be able to help you with that." What are "specs" and how do I share them? Maybe you can tell me (preferably in german) how to do this, if it can help to identify the problem.

Message 55 of 478 (1,402 Views)

Hero

If you want to post in German, use the German forum here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-Deutsch/ct-p/Answer-HQ-Deutsch but this issue does not seem to be computer related. I really don't know what causes this. It's one of this weird issues.

With specs I mean your computer specifications (RAM, CPU, GPU, etc).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 478 (1,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. So we probably have to wait until EA fixes this bug...

Message 57 of 478 (1,392 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does EA read this thread?

Message 58 of 478 (1,375 Views)

Hero

I've forwarded so I sure hope so.

There was some similar issue in the bug forum though where overclocking the AMD card thourgh the options (not sure on the details) caused an issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 478 (1,373 Views)

Sims freeze when changing between fastest clock to normal, and more...

★★ Novice

As the title says, my sims keep freezing from time to time when I move from fastest clock to normal. Hours go through but then they go back in time and keep doing what I ordered them to do before freezing.

Even going to build mode doesn't unfreeze them, they keep doing their movements but stactic to the floor. It happens even with sims visiting, everything literally stops, just not those movements or water flow.

Is it just me?

Message 60 of 478 (1,371 Views)