Time freezing & Resetting

by proffzetmedz

Original Post

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Time freezing & Resetting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I had this problem on one lot only you can read the full account of what I had plus the numerous steps taken to fix it here;

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/876400/chat-weirdness-since-patch/p1

To cut to the end of that thread and now two days of this problem being fixed for me. I had to remove every single computer from the lot. Once every computer had been removed, sim freezing stopped, and all sims present on the lot were able to eat autonomously again and responded to commands. When I put the computers back, the freezing plus the other problems on that lot came back as well.

Removing computers may be worth trying for anyone affected by this bug, especially those who are getting it on library or police lots, as both those lot types contain several computers.

Message 461 of 478 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I will try this in my game.

Thank you for your suggestion! 

Message 462 of 478 (1,256 Views)

Hero

Did you ever see time resetting after the freeze ?

@EMarley

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 463 of 478 (1,247 Views)

Re: Sims get stuck, time loops backward

★ Apprentice

Same here. Add a several second lag (while the game clock keeps running) when selecting a different sim. The freeze releases when another sim is selected.

I've also noticed it tends to happen when plants update. Unfortunately, my sims are commercial farmers. There are 67 plants and one of them is always doing something. Only on my third generation, $1.7 million in household funds and about half that in produce sitting in inventory so there's no way I'm ditching the lot.

Message 464 of 478 (1,234 Views)

Hero

Does the time jump backwards ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 465 of 478 (1,225 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen the time clock of my Sims readjust after freezing, for example, while at speed 1 game, time moves normally and Sims also, if I put on speed 2 or 3 of the game, time passes and Sims freeze when I put on speed 1 again, my Sims thaw and the clock back a few minutes ago sims...

Message 466 of 478 (1,215 Views)

★★ Novice

On my Site not even that works. I was so frustrated one time and tryt loading the game in windows safe mode even there the same problem xD . Not playable at all Disappointed

Message 467 of 478 (1,151 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I tried your suggestion to delete all computers from my lot but sadly still doesn't solved my problem! =(

I'll stop to play The Sims 4 for a while until this issue be fixed because for my main family it's unplayable.
I'm cant handle the fact to play with just one Sim in my house all the time...

Message 468 of 478 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me.

I bought the game one week ago and installed it.

My drivers are updates, my sims version too ....

I can't even play considering the freeze that occurs every 10 or 15 seconds (in sims creation mode, life mode, construction mode... Even in the main menu).

The freeze lasts at least 20 seconds.

My computer can run every other games in ultimate graphic mode.

I tried everything that i could find on the internet to try to fix this issue and nothing seems to work. I linked my dxdiag to this post.

I'm desperate -_-.

If somebody could help me it would be lovely.

Message 469 of 478 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, its been 3 months for me without sims 4 working properly. Don't get your hopes up unfortunately. Amazing game, if only it would work Frown

Message 470 of 478 (1,100 Views)