Time freezing & Resetting

by proffzetmedz

Original Post

Re: game play issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem, and managed to fix it by basically "recreating" my save file. I saved all of my Sims in one household, started a new save file, plopped down all of the houses I had wanted to keep, moved all of my Sims back into them, and it runs like a dream now! I did lose credit for collections and stuff like that, but I was OK with that. I had to cheat to get the career unlocks again, but that was really only a mild inconvenience. It was SO worth it after the cleanup!

Message 91 of 478 (1,114 Views)

Re: game play issues

★★★★ Novice

You have to delete the inventories of every sim in the game. Maybe it could also be useful to delete all the sims, which were created by the game (that also means the ones with which you didn't play). Perhaps they have some used plates in their inventory. Anyway, my game is still working very well since I deleted all the inventories.

Message 92 of 478 (1,071 Views)

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem its really annoying  Frown 

It doesn't happen often, but it happens at least once every time I play. 

I get fed up of waiting for it to catch up, so I control, alt, delete until it exits the game or press the windows button, which doesn't shut down the game (so you don't have to reload it) , then go back on it by clicking the icon at the bottom of the windows bar - its seems to work after that (for a while at least) 

Message 93 of 478 (1,021 Views)

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

Hero

Did you try removing some stuff from your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 478 (1,017 Views)

Re: "Elastic" Time/Sims Stuck in Loop

★★★ Novice

Just popping in to say this is an issue for me too. Big time. Game has no mods in it. I really hope they find a fix for it soon.

Message 95 of 478 (847 Views)

Hero

Lots of stuff in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 96 of 478 (844 Views)

My sim keeps getting stuck!

★ Novice

So when playing my sim, the time will keep going in whatever mode it is set at (1, 2, or 3) even when I hit pause and it is like the sim is stuck but time keeps going. Clicking on anything doesn't work and then it is like it becomes unstuck, goes back 4 hours (back to when it first became stuck) and then if you clicked on anything during it being stuck, the menus pop up everywhere. It is rather quite frustrating. It seems to be getting worse the more I play.

It also takes forever and a day to travel anywhere, including to work. Can someone please help me?

I am on PC, no CC or MODs and I have Get To Work.

Message 97 of 478 (923 Views)

★★ Novice

I keep coming across threads similar to my issue but not quite. I hit the me too button, but wanted to give specific info. I have only been playing for a week and so far have only alternated between two sims so this could be an overall issue, but I have only observed this with one of my sims and only when she is sleeping in her own home during super speed. If I change the speed setting it goes back to the original time, but if I then go back to super speed it loops again.

Message 98 of 478 (822 Views)

Hero

Do your Sim have lots of stuff in their inventory ? If so, try reducing the amount.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 478 (818 Views)

★ Novice

Hey everyone !

I tried to take off everything in my inventory (of each sims) and it did not solved the problem :/ . Still stuck in loop Frown

Message 100 of 478 (815 Views)