Re: Messed up in-game time

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: [BUG] Time freezing & Resetting

★★ Apprentice

@Mielosh wrote:

Yes, I only have 1 sim in my household :P

Well that's one theory out the window then!

Message 261 of 478 (737 Views)

Hero

There's already a pile of ideas lying outside that window Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 262 of 478 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have been attempting to play regardless of the freezing. It's still happening.

That I initially was merged into this thread with my bug report - and it was on page 23 I believe, and now is up to page 27 AND there is still NO solution (after nearly a year of this report from SO many players???) VERY disconcerting EA!!!

Just an update:

Playing with ONE sim - I've kept her outfit very simple (no jewellery or any accessories).  

Inside and out - I have NO active items (i.e. fountains in ground or decoration). The only 'active' or animated item might be the TV and I do have the jacuzzi (But that's only active if your sim is having a soak).

Decorations are minimal inside and out.

Trying different landscaping (Different trees, bushes, smaller pool).

I CAN say that this bug does NOT seem to happen when my sim goes to work (doctor) OR on vacation to go camping. The bug is non existent which makes me want them to be either permanently at work or on vacation! (not at home!!)

This bug initially (for me) was only occurring when I was on 2nd or 3rd fast forward speeds. NOW it is happening regardless of anything - no matter WHAT she is doing - it still happens and it ISN'T just for 'seven seconds' as some have stated - this will go on for anywhere from 20 seconds to several minutes. During that time the rest of the 'outside world' including time - elapses. THEN When it finally 'unlocks' it resumes BACK to the original time and the original task starts or continues. (i.e. this can be before they engage, during or after).

I have reviewed my system from top to bottom, I have cleaned, I have tried reducing all 'luxury settings' (reflections, shadows, quality of sims or quality of effects, etc. etc.) also trying it in laptop mode. I have also bumped it all the way up to optimum settings (high or ultra on all) -- I get the SAME results -- SIM FREEZES no matter what. 

I installed the Windows 10 upgrade. I installed the NVidia graphics driver (FOR windows 10) - game was fully accessible, seemed fine, up until I played with my sim. Another update was released - installed, rebooted system, problem still existed.

I have read through all the reports here, and I firmly believe this is NOT the consumer's fault (nor their computers!)

This is a GAME BUG that NEEDS to be sorted! 

The game is virtually unplayable within a few minutes.

LASTLY if I send my sim to work alone - and I'm there at the house - the game - still freezes! So - it's not the sim!! it's the house!!

Being that this bug doesn't occur whilst she's at work (And I'm with her) or on vacation...

I WILL Add that it HAS happened when she's gone into town (The primary buildings with the core Sims 4 install - for gym, museum, juice bar, etc.) - I have gotten stuck there as well. To me - those are the original structures (as are the houses? - whether we build them or use the pre-made?) The freezing still happens. 

That this issue STILL hasn't been resolved - X Amount of time (a year later??) Is absurd. 

I DO understand that it takes time to test and debug. I understand there are a myriad of other issues to address. But if I were EA I'd SIT UP AND SORT this one out. This is getting ridiculous!!!

It's NOT our systems, it's the *Game* - please sort it out. I'm not posting a video there is no point. It's exactly what you see with the others who have posted.  My system is MORE than capable of running this game and have attempted to change modes, settings, change which items used (Build, design, decoration, clothing, activities, tasks, male or female). I have ALSO uninstalled and REINSTALLED the game in its entirety!! Testing this WITHOUT the add on's and expansion packs - one at a time. EACH time (core Sim 4 game - freezing occurred, adding in the expansions one at a time - freezing still occurred in the aforementioned situations -- basically - anytime my sim is at home or in the 'original town' to visit places - she or any sim I've tested FREEZES). 

Please fix this!!! It's a beautifully done NEW version of the sims! BUT It's ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT FRUSTRATING and am on the verge of saying forget it. EA has obviously CAN'T be bothered to sort this out!! BY RIGHT it's US - their consumers - being messed with and put off. When we've paid MONEY for these games (Add ons and expansions!) and NOT getting issues resolved. (Was this game tested BY EA - on a super computer??? The mass majority of players might have good to great systems, but I can guarantee we DON'T ALL have the equivalent...) was the game Tested on various levels of systems??? (I would have to say no, it hasn't).

Enough of my ranting. But I wanted to add to this *pile* - I hope that everyone continues TO post that IF it's still occurring - to REPORT it - and KEEP reporting it!!!   *** EA*** You must understand that we WOULDNT be here unless we REALLY wanted to PLAY the game you guys have made. And right now - it's essentially unplayable. Please...please sort this out and KEEP us up to date on the progress!!! Or I can guarantee you will lose your players support on this (And your EA name..and reputation for being superior gaming providers - right now, my opinion of you guys is REALLY on the fence, leaning MORE toward, they can't be bothered... this is a gaming company who doesn't seem to care about their consumers...) nice. really nice. 

Please ---- sort this out.

Gamers -- keep reporting if this continues. 

Message 263 of 478 (710 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to add that I do think this is somehow related to inventory having more than 4 items at a time in them. I have a collector and before he ever collected I did have small little freezes from time to time but nothing game disrupting..just annoying. NOW, since he started collecting daily every time he gets more than 4 items in his inventory I start to notice more lag and freezes...if I continue to collect then everyone on the lot will eventually just freeze in place and not move. I have tried resetting my Sims and I can't even click on them to do that. 

Once in a while just ONE Sim will freeze in place and their needs will go down..this is going to cause a death if I was not always watching them. I can sometimes reset if it ONE Sim but when it is the whole lot I can do nothing. What I mean by the whole lot...where I can go without loading. So, my house and everyone around it. 

I can save and when I go back into the game they will move again but if I don't empty his inventory they will freeze up again making the game unplayable. 

Some things to note: I keep my town pretty clean. I manage households and delete daily ...my daily not Sim daily. I keep my unplayed households down to however many fit on the screen without scrolling. 

I delete all cache files daily including origin avatar cache files. I run Windows 7 and I play with Shimrods CASModifier Bugfix_V3. I have had this mod since day one and it has never caused a freeze so I highly doubt that is the problem.

I have noticed the freezing happening with the inventory and I do think that is the issue. I also get that stuck hand thing since the last patch now and then when I am selling from my inventory and have the refrigerator open..maybe they are related somehow? Just a thought. 

Hope some information I gave helps. I would like to see this fixed. Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Message 264 of 478 (676 Views)

Messed up in-game time

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

It has become almost impossible to play my game because the clock keeps getting messed up. The ultra speed button does not speed through time, and if it does, it will jump forward 3 hours then when I change to normal speed it the clock will read the same time as when I clicked the ultra speed button. If that makes sense. Basically, I cannot speed through the game even when the sims go to work and if I even try it just sets me back a few hours. It is getting insanely annoying waiting around at normal speed for my sims to sleep or go to work. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Message 265 of 478 (638 Views)

Re: Messed up in-game time

I moved you post to the bug forum @goalie79. There is a thread about this issue:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/BUG-Time-freezing-amp-Resetting/td-p/3806607/page/27

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 266 of 478 (630 Views)

★ Novice

I agree, it's extremely concerning that this bug has went on for over a year without a fix. Yet they can release new packs without a problem. The game is fundamentally flawed and that should be a first priority. 

Message 267 of 478 (657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh man. This started happening again. It's quite sad. It got fixed for about  month in my game, I don't know how... But now it's acting up again.

I agree with everyone, why release and spend more money on new things in the game when the base game is unplayable.

It is super disappointing. All I want to do is play my game for an hour or so on my days off but can't.

Please EA.... PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION! I'm done trying to fix things on my own. FIX THE GAME!

Message 268 of 478 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just reporting in that it's still happening!! Please fix this! Getting ridiculous really Frown

Message 269 of 478 (610 Views)

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

★★★★★ Apprentice

another day another household, same problem, homework causing stack.

1) A - https://youtu.be/QrfKrUEXD4U

B - https://youtu.be/bpdQspvdXtA

2) A - (in vid active sim(adult sim of black sweater) watching drama, but) after dictating homework to teen sim(wearing beanie) just before, the bug occurs. and pause solved it in this time.

B - This vid is continued from A. I direct additional homework to beanie teen sim for confirmation. (at 00:39) bug starting at about 02:00. pause solved but I need a push it several times.

(lay idea, there was 2 of homework which causes stack of B situation. I have to push pause about each sim for release stack?)

3) normal

I'm curious about reproducibility of this problem. and I guess this possibly be related to option(setting) of game-play ? my Options.ini is(I always play by this setting.):

[options]
tradsocialmenuenabled = 0

autoageunplayed = 1

uiscale = 100

postprocessing = 1

tutorialenabled = 1

edgescrolling = 1

moodchange = 0

simquality = 4

musiclevel = 255

scriptmodsenabled = 1

menumusiclevel = 255

frameratelimit = 200

advancedcamera = 1

voicelevel = 255

hidereportedcontent = 0

inverthorizontalrotation = 1

videocapturesize = 2

visualquality = 5

resolutionheight = 939

showmodliststartup = 0

videocapturesound = 1

numboots = 37

audiooutputmode = 1

invertverticalrotation = 1

fullscreen = 0

viewdistance = 3

visualeffects = 3

autonomydisabledforactivesim = 0

enabletelemetry = 1

usehidpi = 1

memorieshelperenabled = 1

soundfxlevel = 255

autoreconnect = 1

advancedrendering = 1

ambientlevel = 255

resolutionrefresh = 0

audioquality = 3

uimute = 0

voicemute = 0

videocapturequality = 2

focusmute = 0

terrainquality = 3

showonlinenotifications = 1

onlineaccess = 1

npcreplacement = 0

generalreflections = 3

soundfxmute = 0

windowedfullscreen = 0

useuncompressedtextures = 0

disablescreensaverinfullscreenmode = 1

matchspeedstereomusic = 1

edgesmoothing = 3

autonomyhousehold = 3

disablecomments = 0

resolutionwidth = 1742

verticalsync = 0

lastdevice = 0;1002;6811;1404

sceneresolution = 3

masterlevel = 255

objectquality = 3

videocapturehideui = 0

videocapturetime = 0

screenshotpostui = 1

uisoundsxlevel = 255

lightingquality = 4

simssetagingenabled = 2

musicmute = 0

ambientmute = 0

simssetagespeed = 1

edgescrollingwarning = 1

otherhand, now I try to reproduce police stations stack.

Message 270 of 478 (539 Views)