Re: Delayed Actions

by amazzella527

Original Post

Re: Delayed Actions

★ Apprentice

So my sims have this same problem but the only way they snap out of it is when I save my game, then the time switches back to when the glitches started and I can start playing again. It happens pretty frequently but I'm playing on a Mac and everything is up to date so I don't know why this is happening to me. 

Message 211 of 478 (795 Views)

Re: [BUG] Time freezing

★★ Novice

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and it happens. I should try a virtual pc with windows 8.1 to test this when i go back home. Currently on vacation with my laptop and The Sims 3 with all expansions Standard smile

Message 212 of 478 (792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem now - started after the latest batch after I created a new family. The previous families didn't have any issues like these, but I haven't yet tried to play with them again after getting the bug with the new family. Tried to move them to a different city, didn't help. Running on Windows 7. I have no mods and only the base game.

So, during the "freeze":

- needs decrease, but don't increase even if e.g. eating

- the skill being developed increases (but jumps to the starting point after freeze ends)

- animations continue (even in build mode)

- clock ticks (= time goes on)

- no new action is performed, i.e. the action being performed is stuck

- going to build mode or travel mode doesn't help (= it only shows more clearly when the freeze is over)

Message 213 of 478 (783 Views)

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

The studio is actively investigating this issue, thank you all for your detailed feedback.

If you would like to assist further, the most helpful at this time would be the following:

1. Record and upload a video on YouTube of this happening to you in your game. Note: Don't list the video, instead just paste a link to it here.
  2. What was your active Sim doing just when this happened? Were there any actions queued for them?
  3. What game speed were you running the game at right before the desync started occurring?

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

Nils

Message 214 of 478 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi EA_Nils.

4 days ago, I encountered this bug(again!Devil) by the world made newly one week before and took a video.

1. https://youtu.be/RWznx6p-aFg

2. active sim chatting with friend (black hair girl). more detail:  I wanted to make them (carrot hair girl of household and black hair girl of other household) a best friend at this time.

I made girls sit down on barstool and chose friendly conversation and changed to adult sim (pink hair guy). direct garden treatment to him, then return to carrot hair girl. I find that friendly conversation isn't digested yet there. I wait for 1 minute and hit V key for recording. Raised eyebrow

after recording, I try to save but couldn't. Sims 4 client says "Not Responding". I kill client by task manager and play again by preserved data(not auto save),  I don't meet this bug again for the moment.

3. normal

I appreciate for your effort.

it's me again, I can take other vid other day (today, 29th july).

1. https://youtu.be/I18bfVHfydw

2. active sim(out of screen) doing homework. detail: I met the same situation(this bug) 3 times from play after the latest patch.

first time/ active sim is sleeping, and I find that sleep progress bar is stopped. I turn around a camera between the household and confirm time freeze occurred. then I find unprocessed action queue, it is a teen tries to talk about his cool clothes to a child who does homework.

second time/ active sim playing monkey-bar. and I find that sim in the background stands all the while. I guess time freezing and confirm it and, find stacking action queue. a teen tries to talk about his clothes to a homeworking child.. 

third time(vid)/ I dictate homework to all teens and child. (this household has 4 teens and 3 child) and tried to talk about teen's cool clothes to child. but it's done with no problem in this time. I think teen's clothes aren't so cool to make them freeze but then. when a child sim comes in to speak to a adult sim who helps with homework, time freezes. (and I hit V)

3. normal

so, I think it's different from the before freeze bug a little because pause solved everything in this case. (1:58 in vid. https://youtu.be/I18bfVHfydw?t=1m58s )

Message 215 of 478 (742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey. I'm having the same issue. My Sims are just stuck for hoursssss. I had to shut down the game without saving and when I started the game back up my family wouldn't load! Where are these problems coming from? Before last week I had zero issues Frown (Mind you I don't play as often as I would like so before this week the last time I played was in June).

Message 216 of 478 (731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

having the same issue, Sims freezing but time keeps going. seemed to get worse after GTW but was there before that. My game ran fine and can run the game just fine.

Message 217 of 478 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just started playing in April and after only two months it started freezing.  I quit playing for over a month and decided to try it again.  It's worse than ever!  It is stuck 99% of the time.  It LITERALLY plays for only 5-10 seconds and then is stuck from anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

In a previous post I said "EA doesn't care they already have our money."  Someone responded that maybe they don't know about the problem.  Then why are we posting here?  Since you can't contact them directly!  I thought these forums were monitored by EA?

But the main point is that this post goes back to OCTOBER 2014!  

Message 218 of 478 (680 Views)

★ Apprentice
Now hang on a minute.
What I actually said was "maybe they don't know how to fix it"
If they cant reproduce the problem then they can't fix. You can fix something when you don't k ow how it's broken. I have gone to EA direct and they advised me that this game was built for Windows 7. They gave me ideas on how to possibly fix it and it worked mostly for me. I put details on page 18.
Message 219 of 478 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

*Reposting my comment from  http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815082/sims-freezing-in-place

Im having the same issue that started in February but has gotten worse since. It doesn't matter what my sims are doing. The sims could be standing there doing nothing or chatting with another sim and they freeze while the clock still goes. I won't be able to click on anything until time pops back into place and I'm back to where I was before the freeze. I've timed it and it can take up to 3.27 real time minutes to go back to normal. I've noticed it happens more frequently when I go from fast speed to pause OR normal speed, but I don't think the issue comes from the speeds. I've also had a bug where when I go into build mode where nothing pauses, all the sims keep moving and time keeps going. Oh and my public lot buildings have been disappearing. I show up to go to work or visit a lot and BOOM! No building. Houses are still there though.

I have the following (Mac versions):
Sims 4 Digital Deluxe (and the digital sound track that came with it)
Get To Work
Spa Day

Things I have tried to fix the problem:
-Removing all things in inventory (for all households)
-Origin game repair
-Turning down graphics in game
-Separating ElectronicArts folder and Sims 4 folder, and then deleting S4 folder
-Deleting townies (which makes the game pretty boring)
-Deleting unused sims I have made (which again, makes game boring)
-Changing settings in game from "Fullscreen" to "Windowed"
-Deleting cache
-Deleting saves I don't need
-Deleting screenshots/videos
-Deleting any sims/buildings/houses I've downloaded from the gallery

I'm doing a last ditch effort here where I uninstalled EVERYTHING and am starting over. I saved households (that I made) I want to keep in the gallery. After I've played for a couple days I will come back with an update.

Im using a Macbook Air (2013). 1.3GHz Intel Core i5 processor. 8GB in memory. 121GB flash storage (68.4GB free). Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB. OS X 10.9.5

Message 220 of 478 (585 Views)